Renewed: The Time of our Lives

By David Knox on October 19, 2013 / Filed Under News 12

tlivABC drama The Time of Our Lives is getting a renewal.

The drama series has received funding from Film Victoria for a second season.

The ABC drama is one of six film and television projects to receive a share in $865,000 in the latest round of Production Investment.

CEO Jenni Tosi said, “From a compelling feature film from iconic filmmaker Paul Cox and Maggie Miles to repeat series of two popular television dramas and a strong showing of documentaries, these projects are expected to create 650 jobs and deliver an estimated $18.9 million boost to the Victorian economy.”

Documentary
Head First (series two) – Head First Media
First Contact– Blackfella Films
The Whistleblowers– Mint Pictures and Identity Films

Fiction television
House Husbands (series three) – Playmaker Media Australia
The Time of our Lives (series two) – JAHM Pictures.

1. David Knox October 21, 2013 at 10:55 am -

It was Nine that moved HH against them, not the other way around.

2. TVTALK October 21, 2013 at 10:52 am -

This was a good series that started slowly and ended strongly – better than the other way around. By the end, you cared what these people did and what comes next.
    Glad it is coming back for season two, but the ABC may want to consider not scheduling it opposite A Place To Call Home and House Husbands again.

3. Evan43 October 21, 2013 at 9:08 am -

Good news, I really enjoyed TTOOL, there are plenty of loose ends to tie up that they left at the end of Season One.
    Great cast too, especially Claudia Karvan and Stephen Curry

4. Elizabeth C October 20, 2013 at 8:56 am -

I am so pleased to read this news David. I did not know if it would get a second season due to rating poorly against HH & APTCH but clearly ABC is about quality drama not ratings. I loved this show & can’t wait to see what happens next. I know some people criticise the likes of Claudia Karvan, Stephen Curry, Justine Clarke & William McInnes stealing all the jobs from other actors but they are not! In recent years we have seen a significant increase in drama on FTA therefore more actors are in work. There was a lull maybe 6 – 8 years ago and there was nowhere near as much drama back then – it was all reality TV. These actors could be overseas working but they are here and I am glad. I’m sure others would agree with me.

5. Billy C October 19, 2013 at 6:47 pm -

@Mr J – what an earth are you talking about? There’s a reason some actors get popular…. because they can act. Let them cast whoever is best for the role. That’s the only way to cast anything. Public funding is about supporting the local industry to tell Australian stories for us – the audience.

6. maxxdude October 19, 2013 at 4:50 pm -

Great to see House Husbands coming back for series 3.

7. Maev....Sydney October 19, 2013 at 3:52 pm -

They all look good.

8. Mr. J October 19, 2013 at 11:23 am -

with public funding they should be giving jobs to actors that need employment. not the overexposed ones that are in every second show.

9. stevie g October 19, 2013 at 10:25 am -

Great news. Time of our Lives was amongst my top three favorite dramas for this year, along with A Place to Call Home and Vikings. There are a lot of fast tracked US shows on at the moment, but none of them are as fine as these.

10. Sophie October 19, 2013 at 9:58 am -

I am surprised by TTOOL’s renewal, but not disappointed.

11. mason October 19, 2013 at 8:56 am -

Great news for Aussie production. I liked The Time of our Lives a lot and it has plenty stories left.

12. carolemorrissey October 19, 2013 at 7:40 am -

Great news, I really enjoyed the show.