Returning: Sleepy Hollow

By David Knox on October 26, 2013 / Filed Under Programming 17

2013-10-26_0109Sleepy Hollow returns to TEN after its US hiatus, in a new timeslot.

It returns at 10pm on Wednesday 6th November.

When Ichabod Crane goes missing, his wife, Katrina, appears to Lt. Abbie Mills in a vision warning her that the Headless Horseman will return to Sleepy Hollow by nightfall. Without Ichabod will this mean the end for the world?

1. Pertinax October 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm -

In Washington Irving’s story the Headless Horseman was a trick designed to scare off Ichabod Crane successfully carried out by a rival for Katrina’s affections.

Hollywood always just take the name and ignores the story.

2. stevie g October 26, 2013 at 11:56 pm -

My favorite of all the new fast tracked shows. Its a shame most people don’t know about the Headless Horseman legend, I remember it from the great Disney short film they used to show when I was a kid. Not happy about the late start, but I don’t mind that it is paired with Wonderland, the other ten show I like that hasn’t rated so well.

3. deedeedragons October 26, 2013 at 8:57 pm -

It’s funny sometimes the shows that work in the US but not here and vice versa.

4. Guy October 26, 2013 at 7:29 pm -

10pm Wednesday? What a joke timeslot for a great series. Disappointed TEN.

5. jmanwf October 26, 2013 at 6:10 pm -

I really am enjoying sleepy hollow very good entertainment light hearted not to intense. and it has already been renewed i heard.

6. alvar October 26, 2013 at 4:21 pm -

Can’t see it doing well in this slot. Surely it would be a better fit for Eleven. Keep it in the same timeslot and promote the move.

7. A. October 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm -

I wonder if this will mean it’ll end up on Eleven like Beauty and the Beast eventually. Especially with the start time they’ve chosen.

As an individual I want to be able to watch it. I might on this choice of night. But it depends how they choose to promote it. Thank you to Ten so far for this series. I’ve enjoyed it.

8. hannigans_heroes October 26, 2013 at 12:55 pm -

Awful decision. It doesn’t work after Wonderland at all, and this just screams of burn off. Heck, put it Thursdays at 9:30 after SVU, and push away Revealed to somewhere it belongs (Sunday). Or better yet, let it anchor a night on Eleven…

9. Sammo360 October 26, 2013 at 12:40 pm -

@Chivasssimo According to the Foxtel guide, The Bachelor runs for 90 mins, followed by Wonderland at 9pm and Sleepy Hollow at 10pm

10. T-Mac October 26, 2013 at 12:33 pm -

RE Chivasssimo: The Bachelor will be extended by 30 minutes

11. chivasssimo October 26, 2013 at 11:58 am -

10pm? That’s odd, I wonder why it’s not 9.30? What goes for an extra half-hour?

12. Adam Oriti Art October 26, 2013 at 11:55 am -

Love this series, the new ‘Fringe’

13. GuanoLad October 26, 2013 at 10:35 am -

Even when I actually watched it live like they wanted me to? Doesn’t my single television non-OzTAM household mean anything to them?

14. randwick October 26, 2013 at 9:45 am -

If ten place it at the proposed time they will surely kill it off ….

I think the problem with sleepy hollow is that it is relevant to the US culture so Australians don’t really know or understand the myth about the headless horseman …… so this is why it may have misfired ……

15. Pertinax October 26, 2013 at 9:16 am -

Ten tried SH, it didn’t work and that slot is important for NCIS and UTD, Ten’s two top rating dramas.

Sleepy Hollow isn’t great, but it is the sort of light stuff I enjoy over summer when there are only repeats on.

10pm Wednesday is a strange slot though. I wonder what Ten are doing; trying something different can’t hurt too much on Monday or Wednesday nights.

16. J Bar October 26, 2013 at 8:18 am -

Unfortunately nobody cares.

17. jezza the first original one October 26, 2013 at 7:54 am -

It seems like ch10 have given up on this US fast tracked show and its abysmal ratings