Tribute to Paul Walker

By David Knox on December 2, 2013 / Filed Under Programming 17

2013-12-02_1230Seven has made some changes to its schedule this Thursday night to pay tribute to actor Paul Walker.

At 8:30pm it will screen the 2011 movie Fast Five.
Dominic Toretto and his crew of street racers plan a massive heist to buy their freedom while in the sights of a powerful Brazilian drug lord and a dangerous federal agent.

As a result Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and The Amazing Race are out this week.

1. David Knox December 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm -

No I wrote about a 1 week interruption.

2. kc December 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm -

So, is that it for Grey’s Anatomy and The Amazing Race for 2013?

3. Ms_MotorbikeNut December 4, 2013 at 5:01 am -

Even though I do own all the Fast & Furious DVD’s I’ll be watching. Being in my 40′s & my husband in his 50′s we are both die hard fans.

I know some people who still don’t have dvd, so this is a great move be channel 7.

4. Kylie December 3, 2013 at 7:14 pm -

No offence to the poor guy – but the target audience for Greys and Scandal have probably never seen a F&F movie anyway so seems quite ridiculous to screen his movie and take off those shows!

5. Loz December 3, 2013 at 5:05 pm -

Oh for heavens sake…. was he really that big of an actor? I don’t really know him since don’t watch fast & furious. Just put the amazing race back on so we don’t have to be so far behind…. surely could take off some repeats to put this tribute movie on.

6. Craig December 3, 2013 at 8:39 am -

Really, this is not good. Most fans are likely to have to movie and this change could result in a backlash and less people watching. This should be on another night or channel.

7. Bella December 2, 2013 at 6:33 pm -

I agree. Why not screen the movie on Tuesday or Wednesday or on 7mate? I’ll delete The Amazing Race recording for Thursday. Its a shame as, I love the show and look forward to it.

8. nik c December 2, 2013 at 4:22 pm -

I agree wi most comments. I am sad he died, but what a dumb programming move! Yet 7 win the ratings by making these ridiculous programming decisions!
    Wat wad wrong with another night like Wed or Thurs. if they wanted an immediate tribute why not L&T big or tonight? Better yet let the Blacklist play out over Monday this week and next, not Monday and Tuesday.
    Consistency people is the key, not chopping and changing! (rant over)

9. Pete December 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm -

Agree with all other contributors. Should have replaced the often repeated Bond movie on Wednesday instead of interrupting the continuity of Thursday programming.

What qualifications do you need to have to become a programmer? It is not that hard to get it right.

10. Josh777 December 2, 2013 at 2:59 pm -

@ HardcorePawn – I agree its seems insensitive but when you are best known for one franchise and the rest of your movies aren’t overly successful there isn’t much that can be done in terms of alternatives. It could be worse though – Spoiler Alert they could air Fast And Furious (number 4 in the franchise) where Letti (supposedly) dies in a car crash scene.

11. Josh777 December 2, 2013 at 2:51 pm -

Good to see a movie memorial but I agree with others that putting it on a night when there’s first run content is just plain stupid. I wouldn’t be shocked if we saw GO! show Varsity Blues sometime in the next couple of weeks.

12. stilesy December 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm -

I hope Seven will show some double episodes of The Amazing Race in the coming weeks, given we are already three weeks behind the US.

13. HardcorePrawn December 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm -

I appreciate that he was best known for his role in the Fast & Furious films, but given the way he died might it be a little more respectful for Seven to show one of his films where he’s not racing around in souped-up cars?

14. harrypotter1994 December 2, 2013 at 2:00 pm -

No disrespect for Paul but couldn’t this be shown on another night or on Mate? Seems strange to ditch 3 first run shows for a movie..

15. Mr_AJ December 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm -

Seems strange they’ve put in on Thursday, they’ve got Goldeneye on Wednesday. I say it would’ve been a better option.

16. Armchair Analyst December 2, 2013 at 1:11 pm -

I saw this on the news bar while watching ABC News 24 yersterday. Immedietely i thought how ironic that he died in a car accident. very sad.

17. Sarah H December 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm -