Glee cast to visit Oz

By David Knox on September 4, 2009 / Filed Under News 28

jlgIn a major coup for Network TEN, ten of the cast from Glee will visit Australia in mid-September.

Set to visit our shores are Jane Lynch (Sue Sylvester, pictured), Matthew Morrison (Will Shuester), Lea Michele (Rachel Berry), Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson), Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel), Kevin McHale (Artie Abrams), Amber Riley (Mercedes Jones), Mark Salling (Puck), Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray) and Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina).

The sheer numbers of the promotional visit hot off the back of its September 9th launch in the US is very significant.

The ‘gleeks’ will travel to Melbourne and Sydney to appear on Rove, join The 7PM Project and, being a musical show, will also “meet the Australian Idols.” They are also hoping to meet the Bondi Rescue lifeguards at Bondi Beach, climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge and experience Melbourne’s culinary delights. Hmm, no MasterChef, 9AM or Spearman visits? Not yet anyway…

Glee which aired in Australia in July, centres around an optimistic teacher who – against all odds attempts to save a college Glee Club from obscurity, while helping a group of aspiring underdogs realise their true star potential. The series is created by Ryan Murphy (Nip / Tuck, Popular).

With its musical numbers a big part of the show, Sony Music will release the debut single “Don’t Stop Believin’” on Friday, September 18th while the official soundtrack will be released on November 6th.

The season begins on TEN 7:30pm Thursday September 17th with a replay of the pilot, and a first run episode on September 24th.

Updated.

1. erin hulsey June 2, 2011 at 9:10 am -

glee cast will you please come to ringgold georgia. rachel and fin,you two are my idols. glee is my favorite show ever and it is my dream to meat all of you.

2. erin hulsey June 2, 2011 at 9:05 am -

hey glee cast will you please come to ringgold georgia one day it would be awesome!Glee is my favorite and it would be really cool if i could just meet the glee cast.It is my dream to meet yall and fin and rachel,yall are my idols!

3. David Knox June 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm -

Sorry no. They brought them all for the launch, but that’s it.

4. Gleek from Vic! :D June 2, 2010 at 4:24 pm -

Hey will some of the Glee cast come to Victoria in Australia anytime soon?

5. William September 23, 2009 at 1:08 pm -

Germaine, you crazy son of a…

6. KFed September 5, 2009 at 1:43 am -

I’m not so sure about the show – but I’m certainly impressed by the press tour. Unprecedented.
    PS: It’s all about Jane Lynch.

7. Katrina September 5, 2009 at 1:40 am -

I’ve still got the pilot on tape. Should I watch it, or wait for the director’s cut?

8. Tepee September 4, 2009 at 8:02 pm -

Looks like TEN are trying to stir up some hype, and good them. They’re always good at promoting their shows.

9. George September 4, 2009 at 8:00 pm -

Ooh, them on Idol/Rove will be interesting.
    And even though it’s the pilot again, I’m going to be tuning in anyway. It’s the director’s cut so it’s probably going to be a bit different anyway lol.

10. Belinda September 4, 2009 at 7:44 pm -

Sony might be contributing to some of the expenses as well.

I thought it was amazing that Jane Lynch was even doing ads for Ten, but this is huge.

11. Boy Wonder September 4, 2009 at 7:36 pm -

‘Glee’ & ‘Community’ are higher than anything has ever been in terms of excitement to see a new show. Mind you I was very excited to see My Big Fat Greek Life and we all know how that turned out. All the stuff on the net I have seen for both these shows looks awesome.

12. glitterisblue September 4, 2009 at 6:36 pm -

OMG I’m so excited for this! The second episode is awesome! I saw it at Comic-Con, met some of the cast there and got autographs! They said they were hoping to make it out to Australia in July! :D

13. Leith September 4, 2009 at 6:29 pm -

For the Gleeks out there, iTunes already have Don’t Stop Believin’ and Rehab available for download, and have so for a couple months now. I couldn’t wait for the full album, and downloaded both… but I’ll end up getting the album I’m sure. There’s an awesome sneak peak video of the cast singing Kanye West’s Gold digger floating about on the net too. Looks awesome!

14. lozamon September 4, 2009 at 5:43 pm -

they will most likely air the directors cut episdoe just like they did yesterday in the states on TEN

this is incredible news

the show is sure to be a hit!

15. John September 4, 2009 at 5:42 pm -

That’s some pretty serious promo. Who’s bankrolling that, Ten?

I really hope this does well but it feels way too much like it will have a run lilke Arrested Development.

16. Mike K September 4, 2009 at 5:01 pm -

That picture of Lynch above is priceless. She is amazing in everything she is in. Love it. I’ll be watching mainly for her.

17. mac September 4, 2009 at 4:55 pm -

hey it charlie’s psychologist in two and a half men, love her character, she looks a bit crazy in this pic though lol

18. Jack! September 4, 2009 at 4:33 pm -

Fabulous!

Jack!

19. ryan September 4, 2009 at 4:19 pm -

looks great!! cant wait to see them on rove!

20. Beckala September 4, 2009 at 3:27 pm -

Can’t wait!! Loved the pilot, every time I see the film clip of them doing Journey I end up singing along!! Hoping they can get the numbers so it will stick around!

21. David Knox September 4, 2009 at 3:07 pm -

Thanks gang.

22. Casey September 4, 2009 at 3:07 pm -

It may be good for Ten, but they (and probably not Fox TV) would be footing the business class airfare and accommodation costs of all actors, so it’s going to cost them and there’s no guarantee it’ll be a hit show for Ten.

23. hoople September 4, 2009 at 2:59 pm -

TEN are replaying the pilot on Thurs 17th – the week before the new ep launches

24. ryaneco September 4, 2009 at 2:56 pm -

Ten are airing the series on Sept 17th with the pilot episode – however it will be the “directors cut” the fast-tracked season begins on the 24th with episode 2. So in short yes they’re replaying the pilot – but not the exact one we saw in July – it will be the directors cut.

25. Marco September 4, 2009 at 2:47 pm -

That’s a major coup for Ten, given you’d think they all should probably be in the US at that time promoting the US airings!

26. Shelly September 4, 2009 at 2:28 pm -

David, are Ten planning to re-run the first ‘preview’ episode or will they jump straight to new ones?

27. Guy September 4, 2009 at 2:26 pm -

Oh really? This is a huge thing from channel ten to get all these people considering the show is premiering in America around the same time. Good work TEN. It looks like a great series and i cant wait to see it.

28. jaxmachine September 4, 2009 at 2:18 pm -

will the replay the july episode ?