Second season for Tangle

By David Knox on November 30, 2009 / Filed Under Pay TV 39

katsIt’s official.

Showtime has commissioned a second season of Tangle, the acclaimed Australian drama about two generations of families in suburban Melbourne.

Minor Spoiler: Justine Clarke, Catherine McClements, Joel Tobeck, Matt Day and Kat Stewart are all returning. Due to the plotline nature of the season cliffhanger, so far there is no confirmation on a return by actor Ben Mendelsohn.

As revealed by TV Tonight, Don Hany (East West 101, Dirt Game, Underbelly) is also joining the cast.

The second season has been written by original writers Fiona Seres (Love My Way, Dangerous, The Surgeon), Tony McNamara (Love My Way, Secret Life of Us) joined by Judi McCrossin (Secret Life of Us, The Surgeon) – with Stuart McDonald (Tangle Season One, Secret Life of Us, Summer Heights High, SeaChange) and Emma Freeman (Hawke, Love My Way) directing. John Edwards and Imogen Banks will again produce.

Showtime CEO Peter Rose said, “On the strength of the quality of production of the first season of Tangle, we are thrilled to be bringing a second season of this outstanding and groundbreaking drama to the screen.

“The second series of Tangle lets us explore the twists and turns of love and loss of love within and between the families. It’s a great joy to make” said producer John Edwards.

With significant investment from Austar, the series will begin shooting on February 1st.

1. David Knox August 25, 2010 at 12:18 am -

No word yet, but great series.

2. Carrie August 25, 2010 at 12:00 am -

The last episode of tangle season 2 just aired anyone heard if they are making a season 3 ?? Too much has yet to happen ??

3. Carrie June 27, 2010 at 12:17 am -

Sonia I was just saying that myself a season 4 of love
    my way would be amazing are you watching season 2 again at the moment ?? Anyway the July foxtel book has an article on
    the season 2 of tangle and it sounds like it’s going to be a beauty !!!

4. sonia June 26, 2010 at 9:41 am -

awesome cant wait for season 2 watched every episode and watch loved my way wish there was a season 4 of love my way awesome awesome awesome
    u guys rock for making such amazing drama where it can relate to real life issues love it
    sonia rowville

5. Carrie May 22, 2010 at 11:54 pm -

Thanks Rachel can’t wait for season 2!! Did you watch the love my way series by the same producers it was fabulous as well !

6. Rachel May 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm -

I just noticed on Showcase’s website that season 2 starts on July 20! Can’t wait!

7. debbie May 19, 2010 at 12:30 pm -

Cant wait for the series 2 to be released. I keep searching the net to see when it may start. Love that show :) Waiting in anticipation

8. Jen May 11, 2010 at 11:59 am -

Hi guys,

Where can I buy/borrow the dvd box set of series one and two of Tangle?

I live on the Northern Beaches.

Thanks for any light you can shed my way.

Jen

9. Carrie April 27, 2010 at 9:05 pm -

I was wondering cathy where you found season 2 on DVD? Have you watched it all yet ??

10. Carrie April 27, 2010 at 8:53 pm -

Love love love tangle and I am driving myself mad checking for season 2’s return in the foxtel app ! Any info on when it’s returning to foxtel????

11. cathy April 18, 2010 at 1:35 pm -

season 2 out now – 15/4 – ive gotta copy

12. elizabeth March 29, 2010 at 8:05 pm -

Kat Stewart is a star!! Love her stuff… AFI last year, Logie… what next

13. Ebony March 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm -

Love this show. I’m not big on Aussie drama’s but this one is great and i’m totally addicted. The casting and acting is spot on and the storylines are so real.
    Vince has to stay. Maybe crippled or something – karma? But he can’t leave. He is such a narcissist and the show would be nothing without him.

14. Dorothy February 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm -

Totally hooked but the series would languish without Vince… please let him live. He is fantastic and so is Ben M.

15. ellaeh February 6, 2010 at 1:57 am -

any news on any dvd releases for S1?

16. David Knox February 1, 2010 at 1:42 am -

Probably end of the year.

17. john February 1, 2010 at 1:38 am -

Only caught the last three episodes by surfing chanels ,totally hooked. When will it be on TV? Series 2 that is? Brilliant ,classy show . Great acting not slow at all ,just as it is is fine.

18. V January 28, 2010 at 10:00 pm -

Great news, I laughed at the final scene of season one with Vince, hahha, he had it comin, won’t be Tangle without him, he was such a c***. Love it all!

19. David Knox January 26, 2010 at 12:28 am -

Yes a fine series!

20. Christi C January 26, 2010 at 12:19 am -

What a cast! What a script…well done all! Justine Clark…absolutely sensational! Ben Mendelsohns acting was utterly fantastic and is surely the most loathed character on Aussie TV due to his superb performance. Three generations in our household became transfixed and truly addicted relishing the next episode. I have never heard so much verbal dialogue from all the viewers in our household every time ‘Vince’ came on the screen, awesome acting. Each and every one of the teenage actors were supreme and we all agree that ‘Gigi’ is rising star and Queen of Australias next generation of actors!! Have just watched the back to back season 1 all over again and wait with baited breath for the next season. Thank you Writers for finally representing Australian life with such believable dialogue and not over playing or dramatising the storyline like the American shows…much appreciated!

21. Abe December 17, 2009 at 3:51 pm -

This is John Edwards’ most accomplished series yet. Perfectly paced (despite criticism here), intriguing and beguiling characters and writing. Beautiful performances particularly from Justine Clarke, Ben Mendelsohn and Kat Stewart. I’m very glad it was picked up for a second season as there is too much talent here to waste. Hope Ben Mendelsohn is back for the next season as Vince is a character that I don’t think we have seen in an Australian drama before.

22. Craig Pea December 14, 2009 at 10:18 pm -

It`s just great that there will be a season 2. Tangle is my type of show.

23. Mazza December 9, 2009 at 4:56 pm -

Yay! loved it finally aussie drama with actual drama xx

24. Hmm December 6, 2009 at 6:58 pm -

Adam that was a slightly sucky comment. :)

Yes we want to see these series but they wont bring in much revenue. It’s unfortunate but the general public usually like simple, over explained, safe, sappy drama

25. Shelley December 1, 2009 at 8:19 pm -

Loved it and can’t wait for Series 2!

26. michele December 1, 2009 at 1:00 pm -

Great news!!

27. Harry December 1, 2009 at 11:38 am -

Any repeats on? I want to see it but dont know where I can..

28. sally December 1, 2009 at 10:19 am -

Brilliant news – i really got into this show and very excited there is a second season. The cast are sensational :)

29. Billy December 1, 2009 at 5:58 am -

I thought this series had a bad beginning but a great ending to the first season.
    It progressed a bit slow but then I realised that’s the pace of the show and got used to it .The Melbourne scenery in the show was excellent .Funny seeing Justine Clarke in it and also seeing her in Home and Away Season 1 (on 7 TWO).
    She’s great .

30. J Bar November 30, 2009 at 10:43 pm -

Loved it. Can’t wait to see more.

31. Rutzie November 30, 2009 at 7:58 pm -

After your initial review David I was really excited about this show, but unfortunately it was a big let down for me and the last scene was just badly done in my opinion.

32. Rachel November 30, 2009 at 6:36 pm -

Awesome to hear! Love this show.

33. kate November 30, 2009 at 5:23 pm -

So delighted to hear this! I absolutely loved the finale and can’t wait to see if karma gets the better of Vince. In saying that I think Ben Mendelsohn has done such an amazing job with this character that I really hope he returns with the rest of the cast.

34. ducko November 30, 2009 at 5:10 pm -

I agree with most here about it being too slow. Sure real life may move at this pace but a drama needs to be entertaining.
    I am pleased that it got a second series.

35. Andrew B November 30, 2009 at 5:03 pm -

Good news. Different and enjoyable compared to so much else on TV these days.

36. Will November 30, 2009 at 4:59 pm -

This show falls very short of ‘Love My Way’ unfortunately… Fingers crossed season 2 will find it’s feet quickly… I want so much to like it, but it’s not making it overly easy…

37. Adam November 30, 2009 at 4:51 pm -

Great news!! Superb drama, not slow at all. Depicts real life and real life goes at a natural pace.

Every eposide was well produced and might I add better than LMW in many ways, but John can only get better!!

Congrats John and your team, this is the style of TV that we want to see.

38. hoople November 30, 2009 at 4:46 pm -

agreed
    i really wasn’t enjoying this to begin with and i so wanted to!
    i loved love my way and adore most of the actors in this, but no one (except for justine clarke) is likeable!
    it is getting better though.

39. Craig(Buzz) November 30, 2009 at 4:17 pm -

This show has alot of potential but,is a bit on the slow side,reminds me of alot of Australian movies I stuck with it throughout the series but If they can pick up the pace a little it will be great viewing,final episode was very good though