My Kitchen Rules Mondays and Tuesdays

By David Knox on January 22, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 72

Seven has announced its new shows set to air in the run-up to official ratings.

In the week of January 31st it will launch My Kitchen Rules (both Monday and Tuesday night) and new factual ICU on Wednesday.

Returning are new seasons of Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Grey’s Anatomy, 30 Rock, Gangs of Oz and Family Guy. Criminal Minds resumes new episodes after the season began late last year.

It also premieres US drama Royal Pains and has two double episodes of A Touch of Frost.

Thursday nights look ripe for new content in the week of ratings (Feb 7) as well as Sundays. There are also double episodes which will make room for other shows.

Seven is yet to declare a start-up for Cougar Town.

24 will premiere with a double episode at 8.30pm Tuesday Feb 2nd on 7TWO with a second double ep a week later. Heroes returns 9:30pm Thursday Feb 4th.

Seven
Sunday Jan 31
6:30pm Australian Open. Men’s Final

Monday Feb 1
6:00pm Seven News
6:30pm Today Tonight
7:00pm Home & Away
7:30pm My Kitchen Rules. Premiere
8:30pm Desperate Housewives. New Season.
9:30pm Brothers and Sisters. New Season.
10:30pm Royal Pains. Premiere
11:30pm 30 Rock. New Season.

Tuesday Feb 2
7:30pm My Kitchen Rules
8:30pm Grey’s Anatomy. New Season. Dbl ep.
10:30pm 10 Years Younger in 10 Days (NZ)
11:00pm My Shocking Story rpt

Wednesday Feb 3
7:30pm RSPCA Animal Rescue. New Season.
8:00pm ICU. Premiere
8:30pm Criminal Minds. Season Return.
9:30pm Gangs of Oz. New Season.
10:30pm Highway Patrol rpt
11:00pm SCU: Serious Crash Unit rpt
11:30pm Scrubs rpt

Thursday February 4
7:30pm Mighty Ships
8:30pm Bones rpt dbl ep
10:30pm Family Guy. New Season.
11:00pm Family Guy rpt dbl ep

Friday February 5
7:30pm Better Homes and Gardens. New Season
8:30pm A Touch of Frost. dbl ep
10:30pm M: Bird on a Wire updated

Saturday February 6
6:30pm Movie: Cool Runnings rpt
8:30pm A Touch of Frost dbl ep
10:40pm Suburban Secrets
11:10pm Real Crime

Subject to change.

1. jill March 17, 2010 at 11:15 am -

So, So disappointed, 1st Eliminating the two girls over Veronica n Shadie , when you listen to the chefs verdicts whilst eating then giving their scores are they really their score, why don’t they have to write them down so they can’t be changed after hearing other chefs scores. Ok so they didn’t have the sauce but i was in tears at the elimination of Mossy n Gabe their dish was presented well, as for Better Homes n Gardens cook bah ha. So what she is executive chef n owns two Restaurants she’s still a cook n talks to much.

2. jill March 10, 2010 at 11:30 am -

Two things Channel 7 why is 24 on 72 and not 7 I love 72 but cant tape7.No 2 you have chosen professional chefs to judge MKR finals but why use a cook from Better Homes and Gardens, I do not consider her a Chef, cant stand her on BH&G.

3. David Knox January 27, 2010 at 10:50 pm -

MKR is certainly Mon / Tue first two weeks.

4. Kyall January 27, 2010 at 6:22 pm -

Is My Kitchen Rules two nights a week permanent?

5. Erik Engelsen January 26, 2010 at 2:32 pm -

C7 you Fools 24 and Grays at The same time WTF,

They need to adjust these times badly

Thanks

6. mongoose January 26, 2010 at 9:28 am -

I agree with @Damon – Seven are idiots for putting 30 Rock on at 11.30 at night and it would dumber to put Parks and Recreation at 12.00.
    Personally, I reckon that they should put both shows on in a prime-time slot so that viewers can catch them.

7. Corey January 24, 2010 at 6:57 pm -

I really hope Parks & Recreation returns the following week. I really like that show!

8. Chris January 24, 2010 at 4:17 pm -

I hope ‘my kitchen rules’ fails miserably, 7 should come up with their own ideas!

9. timmy January 24, 2010 at 12:43 pm -

@Wally Otto – despite both winning MRR restaurants closing down, Pink Salt is still in business after they reopened in Double Bay. Just goes to show that winning isn’t everything.

10. Bre Saxs January 24, 2010 at 12:52 am -

Fantastic to see DH is back. I don’t see Packed to the Rafters anywhere. Is there any chance of the finale of PTTR being replayed before the new season starts? As my parents and I missed seeing the last episode which had Rebecca Gibney’s character Julie giving birth to her fourth and last child.

11. Matt January 24, 2010 at 12:47 am -

The linup is ok. But keeping in mind that ratings don’t start till Feb. 7.

Regarding certain shows not being there, like all networks they need to hang on to some shows for the second half of the year rather than overload it all off in the first half. Look what happened in 2007 with the writers’ strike. Networks were scrambling to find shows to fill the timeslots because all of the series that were predicted to be on finished half as early.

So if you don’t see certain shows yet, just wait they will be back :-)
    Same goes for ABC 9 and 10
    MKR… Hmm will be interesting to see how to pans out.

12. Johnson January 24, 2010 at 12:09 am -

@Cindy: according to Wikipedia, The Amazing Race begins in the US on Valentine’s Day (February 14), so it’s possible that Seven will fasttrack it.

13. Kyall January 23, 2010 at 11:29 pm -

Can anyone tell me what Mighty Ships is?

14. Cindy January 23, 2010 at 11:21 pm -

Going to watch Criminal Minds and HIMYM. Might give MKR a try.
    Does anyone know if The Amazing Race is going to be fast-tracked?

15. Matt January 23, 2010 at 10:39 pm -

Weren’t Seven going to put 30 rock in a better timeslot this year?

16. vicki b January 23, 2010 at 8:07 pm -

Agree that the “state vs state” idea for MKR is sooo lame. Who cares what state they are from? Not me. Channel 7 obviously have little idea what made Master Chef so appealing if they think this ad campaign is going to pull in viewers.

17. aznfratboy January 23, 2010 at 4:55 pm -

Channel 7 should air My Kitchen up against MasterChef.

Scrubs won’t get a primetime time slot, it’s 9th season debuted DOA in the states.

18. robert January 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm -

saw a small sneak peak of MKR it seems very simliar to Come Dine with Me, but a lot lamer

19. Jake January 23, 2010 at 4:16 pm -

Stephen I – and it seems you’re forgetting about how successful Popstars was on Seven initially, which was before Idol even came along..

And what’s with the PC brigade invading the TV Tonight comments? Plenty of shows have all anglo casting, doesn’t make them any less watchable.

20. Laurence January 23, 2010 at 4:00 pm -

Do we have any idea what’s happening to Parks & Recreation? I’ll be mightily annoyed if 7 has just dumped it from the schedule mid-season.

21. Mirabella January 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm -

Kylie asks: How is MKR different to My Restaurant Rules?
    Answer: Less cultural diversity of the contesants.

22. Cameron January 23, 2010 at 3:11 pm -

Great to see Desperate Houswives and Brothers and Sisters back to back again but the rest of the schedule looks dull and boring. That cooking show is just a Masterchef rip off so I am not going to bother. Grey’s is not my cup of tea but not surprised bout the move though. Expect doubles to finish it off by Rafters return around June. Oh well at least we have Nine, Ten and the ABC.

23. Wally Otto January 23, 2010 at 2:31 pm -

@Harry (and others), it is possible. Remember there is a whole day not programmed yet (Sunday)…

Agree with Timmy there. Another season of MRR would have been better than MKR. We were promised it in 2006, if the memory is still ticking over.
    That said, both of the resteraunts from the first two seasons have closed, so it’s highly unlikely it will ever come back.

24. Jed January 23, 2010 at 2:20 pm -

Hmmm Mondays good, but WTF with 30 Rock? It is a brilliant show, was rating well in non-ratings at 10.30 and they go and shove it further down. They could ahev HIMYM 7.30, 30 Rock at 8pm and Cougar Town at 8.30. Would be a perfect line up. Pity they put ICU smack bang between RSPCA and Crimnal Minds. I can handle watchign factuals but not medical ones. Would rather they put Highway Patrol on then instead. No interest in Gangs of Oz either.

Tuesday…meh. I’ll watch Grey’s to see what’s happening and decide if i wanna stick around but 24 on 7TWO is where i’ll be.

25. Mike January 23, 2010 at 1:46 pm -

Yeah, Seven has failed to see what made MasterChef work. People like Geni, Tom, Andre and Poh added into the mix made the show compelling. Seven is going lowest common denominator as usual. And the whole state against state thing is such a big yawn.

26. Mike January 23, 2010 at 1:42 pm -

Seven need to cut that lame MKR ad on the radio with somebody repeatedly saying “Bon appetit” over and over. It’s lame. While it work on the annoyance factor for a while, now it has actually put me off the show it makes me so angry.

27. 0112gez January 23, 2010 at 1:11 pm -

Mmmm, My Kitchen Rules….not in Tassie – again 7 don’t care about covering the entire country and what about ACT and NT…

28. J Bar January 23, 2010 at 12:59 pm -

It’s a disgrace that they’ve shunted 30 Rock back to 11.30pm. Idiots.

29. jamesj January 23, 2010 at 11:24 am -

They are a nice looking bunch of caucasions arent they.
    I think this is where Australia is way behind the US and UK in television where different ethnic backgrounds are shown on tv and not just as a token. Channel 10 seems to be slightly better than the other 2 commercials, but still has a long way to go.
    Somehow I think if the MKR producers saw a name like “Poh” in their applications it would be put aside.

30. franz chong January 23, 2010 at 11:02 am -

Rather happy about the return of Family Guy.

What I find rather disappointing is the lack of a home grown offering to fill the Packed to the Rafters Timeslot while that is off the air for now.No Offence to Greys Anatomy Fans but did Seven ever stop to think about the medical professionals out there who have to go back to their work the following day.Never been a fan of the medical drama and find it rather heavy.Not to find ways to kill a couple of hours on Tuesdays is going to be a challenge.

31. tasmanian devil January 23, 2010 at 10:31 am -

Agree with Gloomy. Whoever said that for a group of people to be diverse, some of them had to have dark skin. It’s racist enough to force a black person into the mix (or slam the show for not doing so) because it’s implying that race matters. And anyway, My Kitchen Rules isn’t about highlighting Australian multiculturalism, it’s about cooking. I’m sure they would have accepted people with different coloured skin if those people made it into the show – the fact that none happened to is totally irrelevant to their race.

32. David January 23, 2010 at 9:51 am -

@LukeW I doubt they will air the final season of Lost on Fridays. I think it will probably air the following Wednesday or Thursday (the traditional Lost timeslot).

33. Harry January 23, 2010 at 3:02 am -

Cougar Town – After the Tennis my behind !

34. Tepee January 23, 2010 at 2:11 am -

Nice to see DH and B&S stay in their traditional timeslots. Interesting that they’re moving the factuals from their traditional Tuesday timeslots to Wednesdays. And looks like Cougar Town is going to Thursdays, where Ten is putting the old-skewing SVU and Nine put CSI last year, so it might be beneficial for Seven with Nine and Ten competing for the oldies in that slot, leaving younger viewers to sample CT.

Boo at 30 Rock’s timeslot. It deserves a 7:30 timeslot, or at least 10:30.

35. Rhys January 23, 2010 at 1:56 am -

Well aside from new Family Guy, that schedule frees up my program planner for the other channels. How is it that Seven consistently comes up trumps in the ratings with rubbish like that, or am I just light years out of synch with the psyche of the broader tv viewing public?

36. timmy January 22, 2010 at 11:13 pm -

@ Kylie – it’s different to My Restaurant Rules insofar as Seven doesn’t have to stump up the cash for four or five restaurant fitouts. It really is nothing but cheap opportunism.

But I’ll watch it tho, even tho I’d much rather see a new season of MRR. Safe to say that’s not going to happen, tho.

37. Dean January 22, 2010 at 11:12 pm -

Why would Channel Seven (or any other network for that matter) even bother paying money for a show that is universally (minus the Hollywood Foreign Press) heralded as the number 1 comedy on our screens and put it on at 11:30. What the……..? I’m setting my PVR as we speak.

38. Andrew January 22, 2010 at 10:58 pm -

any idea what Seven or 7TWO are planning to do with Benidorm, particularly as they promoted it heavily over January before removing it from the schedule before it even appeared… One hopes they’re not going to sit on it too long… because amazon.co.uk is only a mouse click away :)

39. weevil January 22, 2010 at 10:29 pm -

This show has stinker written all over it.

40. Kirk January 22, 2010 at 10:19 pm -

Azmond: Lost is being broadcast on 7TWO this year, they’ve been playing ads on the channel

41. Kylie January 22, 2010 at 10:13 pm -

How is MKR different to My Restaurant Rules?

42. timmy January 22, 2010 at 10:01 pm -

Yes that is quite a homogenous looking group, isnt it? But having said that, I suppose if this was Nine, the females would all be blonde.

43. damo January 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm -

just trying to copy a winning format like master chef. it won’t work and i will give it a month before it gets the chop

44. Gloomy January 22, 2010 at 9:46 pm -

Does it really matter that they’re all white? Would you rather they got people with lower cooking ability just to look multicultural? I’m not a fan of forced diversity because you’re making it about race when it has nothing to do with it.

I’m also annoyed that they couldn’t come up with a more original title.

45. Luke W January 22, 2010 at 9:42 pm -

Channel Seven are really starting to p**s me off more than ever before. If they don’t slot Lost in on that Friday February 5 TBA (and it better be a double episode), I will have lost total faith in Tim Worner and his colleagues. Doesn’t he understand with a show like Lost, it has to be aired Right After the US for ratings to be effective. Not 2 weeks, Preferably 24-48 hours. 1 week max. It’s looking like more acquiring of episodes from other sources for me.

46. Stephen H January 22, 2010 at 9:41 pm -

I like the lineup however I do think 30 Rock should be on after Brothers and Sisters and not 11:30pm also sad not to see American Dad and Parks and Recreation in some of these later timeslot I mean Parks could of aired instead of Scrubs repeat and American Dad instead of a double Family Guy repeats.

47. Steven I January 22, 2010 at 9:26 pm -

Seven has obviously forgotten about the failure of Popstars Live when they tried to capitalize on the success of Idol in it’s infancy.

48. Johnson January 22, 2010 at 8:41 pm -

@Rowen price: ICU stands for Intensive Care Unit. I think this factual series is filmed in the intensive care unit of Melbourne’s Alfred Hospital.

49. koverstreet January 22, 2010 at 8:40 pm -

MKR is a blatant attempt to cash in on the MC craze,too bad it looks like rubbish!

50. Billy January 22, 2010 at 8:37 pm -

so know we’ve seen 10 and 7′s shedule what do we think 9′s will look like?
    im guessing something like:
    Sun: 630-Domestic Blitz 730-60 Mins 830-Underbelly 930-(I think they should use this to launch a new drama)
    Mon: 730-2.5 Men 8-Big Bang Theory 830-Mentalist 930-CSI Miami
    Tue: 730-Survivor (c’mon!!!) 830-V 930-?
    Wed:730-Top Gear 830-? 930-?
    Thur: 730-Getaway 830-CSI 930-CSI NY
    although with the Winter Olympics who knows what they will do

51. Rowen price January 22, 2010 at 8:30 pm -

what show is ICU?

52. Nick January 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm -

Where’s How I Met Your Mother? MKR? Who cares?

53. Patrick January 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm -

Without sounding like one of those writers from the ABC’s much missed Backchat show but ‘when oh when’ will Ch 7 show Series 3 of the British UK crime show Lewis???

It’s been 2 years since the last one and withdrawal symptoms are threatening………

54. vrom January 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm -

Well it is still non-ratings until Feb 7, and not to mention the hammering they will get when the Winter Olympics will be on which i think Nine will broadcast nightly recaps in primetime. So I hope there will be changes because this isn’t very good programming by Seven.

55. Brodie January 22, 2010 at 7:35 pm -

Nothing really grabs my attention with that schedule. Bones repeats on Thursday seems quite strange. Hopefully new episodes return the following week on Sunday where it has done so well.

56. Damon January 22, 2010 at 7:25 pm -

Wow 30 Rock at 11:30 Yet again. Great work seven! How about you put Parks and Recreation on at 12:00 just to round it out….Idiots.

57. Tad January 22, 2010 at 7:16 pm -

@ Ryano and Bobby

Multicultural Australia isn’t just about mixing races. A group of Caucasians can be diverse, especially since Australia has a very high percentage of population that was born overseas.

58. Emily January 22, 2010 at 6:53 pm -

Seriously who cares about MKR? Old format trying to capitalize on Masterchef. You’re so obvious Seven!!

It would be awesome to see a Thurs comedy block including 30 Rock and Parks & Rec. Just try it Seven!!

59. Rowen price January 22, 2010 at 6:48 pm -

Umm what show is ICU?

60. Philm January 22, 2010 at 6:36 pm -

Interesting. Why not start cougar town this week. The bones rpt double is also strange.

I guess no city homocide for sure now. The wed looks very strong.

Is MKR 2 eps every week. I think it will stay on mon if not.

61. Andrew B January 22, 2010 at 6:20 pm -

Actually 30 Rock one week at 10.30pm achieved over 500,000. 30 Rock should be earlier.

62. jakevin. January 22, 2010 at 6:19 pm -

When are we getting New Bones!?

And what’s with Thursday night repeats? New timeslot !?

63. Bobby January 22, 2010 at 6:12 pm -

Have been watching the Tennis and the ads for My Kitchen Rules are so lame!!

Talk about reflecting Australian Society not – all white and attractive, Where do the find these people!!!

No diversity whatsoever!

64. Ryano January 22, 2010 at 6:08 pm -

Why are all the contestants on My Kitchen Rules white?

65. Azmond January 22, 2010 at 5:56 pm -

No mention of Lost. Hmm, looks like I won’t be watching Channel 7 the year. I’m waiting for a station to learn that they need to air eps within 24 of overseas!

66. Whoops January 22, 2010 at 5:55 pm -

@Danness They tried 30 Rock at 1030PM over summer and it didn’t deliver an audience. (Unlike Scubs the previous Summer)

67. mikeys January 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm -

@Danness Yeh that’s the thing – it’s not like Seven has ever actually tried it in an earlier slot – they should be trying it out now we’re in non-ratings, or move it to 7TWO permanently…

68. Jerome January 22, 2010 at 5:45 pm -

i hope we get a 2hr comedy lineup for Thursday
    7:30 HIMYM
    8:00 Scrubs (possibly later on starting with double HIMYM’s)
    8:30 Cougartown
    9:00 Hung

and 9:30 maybe the Amazing race

69. Danness January 22, 2010 at 5:30 pm -

I’m sick of the way Seven keeps treating 30 Rock. It’s unacceptable to treat one of the best shows on television like it doesn’t even exist. They haven’t even tried to give it a shot in an earlier timeslot.

70. ABCKid January 22, 2010 at 5:30 pm -

i recently discovered 30 Rock about 3 weeks ago.. i instantly feel in love with it and has now purchased all seasons.. oh how i wish it was in prime time! :(

71. mikeys January 22, 2010 at 5:05 pm -

30 Rock is prime position ;) Perhaps they should shift it to 7TWO.

Any mention of Lost?

72. koverstreet January 22, 2010 at 5:00 pm -

Are these new eps of Frost? And when will we see Lewis?