Dan MacPherson for Beat the Star

By David Knox on April 12, 2010 / Filed Under News 20

After leaking the news on Beat the Star, Seven’s new game show in development, TV Tonight can now reveal the host.

It goes to Mr. Dancing with the Stars, Daniel MacPherson.

With these titles, there could be a theme developing here. What’s the next Stars format?

Based on a UK format, the show sees a game show contestant competing with a celebrity in seven extreme mental and physical games.

With MacPherson’s own track record in Triathlon events maybe he could be the one to beat.

The former City Homicide actor has recently returned from the US where he has been pursuing career oportunities.

The new game show is said to be bigger than Ben Hur….

1. Emma May 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm -

God!!!!! Channel seven owe’s me and my partner $50,000 for being in the audience! This is soooooo bad it’s not funny. Over half the audience left, and they had to re-arrange the remaining to make the studio look full. I myself would of left, except I have a disability and could not! The one and only time in my life I was annoyed with my disability! This show will not make it to air…. I hope!

2. Emma April 29, 2010 at 8:14 am -

HA! This show was terrible and Dan knew it! He actually made it entertaining for us as the audience because it was that bad! He knows full well it is stupid – he’s not dumb. It was good being in the audience to actually see the unedited version where he pays out the show on camera. It was a laugh! And audience wise, most of them left by about game 5 of 8 or so.

3. Jules April 23, 2010 at 8:46 pm -

Going to see the filming tomorrow… I suspect it’s this, show will keep you updated…

4. David Knox April 19, 2010 at 12:48 am -

Twitter?

5. Liss April 19, 2010 at 12:36 am -

I really hope that someone tells Dan how stupid this show is and if they air it it will ruin his career. I was in the audience for a show and I have been searching the web for hours trying to find a way to contact him and tell him he needs a better look at it and make a better decision and not air this crap. We love Dan and dont want his career ruined.

6. David Knox April 17, 2010 at 1:45 pm -

Kevin I would be keen to hear more about this if you want to reach me via the Contact page. -DK

7. Kevin April 17, 2010 at 11:19 am -

I am totally ticked of at the peolple organising this show regarding the audience. I had tickets travelled an hours, paid for parking and etag and was told sorry the seating is all full eventhough we had tickets to go in. Not happpy How many huyndreds of people were turned away??????

8. Lisa April 16, 2010 at 2:58 am -

Does anyone know where this will be filmed?

9. vrom April 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm -

“The new game show is said to be bigger than Ben Hur”.

Who the hell said that?

10. Tony H. April 12, 2010 at 2:01 pm -

Was surprised it got through myself! I do think as an actor he makes a great presenter. He was the worst thing in City Homicide. Pursing and biting lips to convey every concievable emotion does not a great actor make. He even makes Aaron Pedersen look animated – which takes some doing.

11. JB April 12, 2010 at 12:15 pm -

I can’t believe Tony H wrote that either, but i was amused, and glad it was posted. Censorship be damned.

So when’s City Homicide coming back? And Packed to the Rafters?

12. Francis April 12, 2010 at 11:33 am -

Put me up against Kochie and Mel. I’d love to go against them in mental and physcial tasks

13. ducko April 12, 2010 at 11:33 am -

Mikeys, I think its called black humour & are you really in favour of censorship?
    McPherson’s O.K but I think its a legitimate question to ask why he’s come back for this?

14. sean April 12, 2010 at 10:42 am -

gottalove the australian way of knocking everything/tall poppy etc!

15. mikeys April 12, 2010 at 10:41 am -

I can’t believe you wrote that and it was posted Tony H!

16. damo April 12, 2010 at 10:26 am -

another 7 show with their over expose talentless hacks on it

17. JB April 12, 2010 at 9:46 am -

He must not be having much luck in the US if he has to come back for this.

18. mikeys April 12, 2010 at 9:39 am -

Good luck to him – I hope it doesn’t bomb! He’s a great talent for the network.

19. Tony H. April 12, 2010 at 8:19 am -

I’d like to beat this star, but not in the spirit of the show.

20. john April 12, 2010 at 5:57 am -

Whatever happened to the old “stable of stars”.No offence Daniel but you’ve had a go.Some fresh talent would be nice.And where are the women hosts for these shows?
    I know could be worse,Tom Williams anyone?