Hey Hey: guests

By David Knox on April 14, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 16

Guests appearing on tonight’s Hey Hey include Vanessa Amorosi and Jet performing.

Lisa McCune and Sigrid Thornton, both on new Nine shows, will judge Red Faces.

Vanessa Amorosi, who was first talent-spotted by Hey Hey producer Jack Strom singing in a Russian restaurant, says, “I was signed to a record contract at the age of 14 and remember watching Hey Hey its Saturday regularly as they had the cream of talent on the show. I made my first appearance in 1999 I was so nervous. I was in awe of Daryl. He is such a music lover and I was addicted to the show. I performe ‘Have a Look’ my first single on the show at the age of 17. Now I’m back to perform my new single ‘Mr Mysterious’ in 2010 and just as excited as I was in 1999.”

JET’s Chris Cester reckons, “Hey Hey brings back a lot of memories. We grew up with it. Well, everyone did really from my generation, especially as kids. There’s memorable moments in there and hopefully, we can add one too. I really applaud the show’s enthusiasm for bringing current music to a big audience in Australia. It’s one of the things that I hope brings a classic show into a new era.”

1. lb April 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm -

Good to see hey hey back on air…..

Can any one tell me who wast the 2 guitar player on hey hey as a guest . love the accustic guitar and cant find the cd.

2. john williams April 15, 2010 at 10:45 am -

glad to have hey hey back on.for people that didn’t like it watch another channel.

3. Paddo, Sydney. April 15, 2010 at 12:45 am -

Hey Hey may be live, shame about host but !

4. Gus April 14, 2010 at 11:12 pm -

more fun watching it on a sat nite rather than wed nite.

5. Schwarzie April 14, 2010 at 9:39 pm -

the best nine ever dne yer just great

6. jazzy April 14, 2010 at 9:09 pm -

hey hey is so good that it doesn’t really matter if hey hey is live or not i mean
    its not like making it live is going to make the show any better or make it seem like your there more really!!!

7. jennie mckenzie April 14, 2010 at 8:39 pm -

hi daryl , vanessa and crew,
    i would love a cd of vanessa but we cant find the website you advertised .thankyou jennie

8. tom34 April 14, 2010 at 6:01 pm -

I know for a fact when bands played on the show the music was all mimed except for the vocals.

9. David Knox April 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm -

Hey Hey is absolutely live.

10. Seymor Smith April 14, 2010 at 4:41 pm -

@Brent. Hey Hey isn’t live. They might have music on the Circle but otherwise I think they are probably correct.

11. Nathan April 14, 2010 at 3:14 pm -

I hope they have some upcoming and relatively unknown talent as well. Not just the big ticket acts.

12. Michael April 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm -

JB that’s how Ten run most of their shows – GNW, 7pm, TBYG…

13. nic April 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm -

“So…Sigrid…You’re in the new UB…that’s right folks, it’s on the 9 network 8.30 on Sunday…and Lisa, you have a new series of Water Rats, er..sorry Sea Patrol…and yes, on the 9 Network….” Let the 9 Love In commence…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. Bass April 14, 2010 at 1:55 pm -

Hey Hey should try to get their hands on Robin Thicke, regular viewers of Ellen will know who I mean, he could be huge here if he was able to explode onto the Australian music scene in a big way, would be great if they got him to open the show with ‘Magic’ and then his more recent hit ‘Sex Therapy’ he’d have all the ladies in a spin, and I dare say some gents ;)

15. Brent April 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm -

“remember watching Hey Hey its Saturday regularly as they had the cream of talent on the show”.
    This morning on Sunrise there was an ad/promo claiming Sunrise was the only place to see live, International artists… I’m sure Hey Hey will steal some of their thunder. Then again, one’s a morning show & ones at night – both will probably get a slice of the same pie!

16. JB April 14, 2010 at 12:38 pm -

Decent guests to start nothing too great though, hope it’s not just gonna turn into a Channel Nine love fest with only guests from Nine and Nine shows and endless promotions of them. That said i won’t be watching unless it’s on Saturday.