Shatner & Lin Yu Chun: Total Eclipse of the Heart

By David Knox on April 22, 2010 / Filed Under News 14

William Shatner and Lin Yu Chun duetting on Total Eclipse of the Heart?

Genius.

Clip comes from Lopez Tonight.

‘Nuff said.

1. Jack! April 23, 2010 at 11:54 am -

I saw him on Ellen … he was amazing … Whitney should hire him to go on tour with her and she could just mime to him singing!
    Jack!

2. joey@FoodiePop April 23, 2010 at 8:36 am -

Having him duet with Shats is definitely taking the p**s. Poor kid. No, he’s not very good but he was good for that one performance of Whitney. Let him have his 15 minutes.

3. Allie April 23, 2010 at 7:54 am -

@ craig – that is brilliant idea for a dedicated channel on cable. It’s surprising a Talk Show channel doesn’t already exist. You should pitch the idea to Foxtel.

4. Allie April 23, 2010 at 7:50 am -

@Mike Silvester – really, that shocker was released in ’83? Gosh, I could have sworn it was a ’70′s atrocity! My memory is playing tricks on me. My bad, thanks for setting me straight! Hands down, the absolute worst song of the 80′s, then!! :-)

5. brad April 23, 2010 at 7:14 am -

Quite possibly the most uncomfortable thing i’ve ever seen….

6. Mike Silvester April 22, 2010 at 11:40 pm -

It would be a little hard for a song released in 1983 to be considered the worst song of the 1970s. : )

7. Charlie_Miso April 22, 2010 at 10:05 pm -

Bill is the worlds greatest living human being.

8. Craig April 22, 2010 at 4:12 pm -

No George Lopez here but yes we need someone to start a talk show network, with all the ones in the US, and other countries I’m sure they can easily fill 24 hours, then show re-runs on the weekends.

Is it sad I kind of like the song and have it on my iPod LOL can you buy this version on iTunes yet?

9. steve April 22, 2010 at 4:12 pm -

His awesome! How can people say he isnt very good!! Thanks for this!

10. Melby April 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm -

The song had it coming!

11. Allie April 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm -

Hands down the absolute Worst song of the 70′s, a total kitsch-fest but they made such an atrocious song bearable by sending it up. Lin’s voice is totally amazing, as is that pudding basin haircut! Personally, I think he’s a bigger find than SuBo.

For a total “what the hell?” experience, I highly recommend listening to William Shatner’s version of “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds”, which he recorded back in the ’60′s at the height of his Star Trek fame. It gives new meaning to It’s So Bad, It’s Good, it is so diabolical and I don’t mean that in a good way. What’s with George Lopez’s voice? He sounds like he’s chewing on rusty nails.

12. Andrew April 22, 2010 at 2:25 pm -

He was on Ellen today too but he wasn’t very good.

13. alan April 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm -

does Lopez Tonight air in Australia? someone should pick it up.

14. Michael April 22, 2010 at 1:34 pm -