Airdate: Junior MasterChef

By David Knox on August 27, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 20

Get ready for the return of the juggernaut….

Junior Masterchef will premiere at 7:30pm Sunday September 12th on TEN.

That pits the show against The X Factor on Seven (potentially even its first live show) and presumably 60 Minutes on Nine.

Further episode info will follow.

1. Lisa August 29, 2010 at 5:43 pm -

@ Kyall I don’t think for a second Seven are doing anything remotely risky with X Factor, it has been done before in this market, by 10, and it is very similar to a host of talent shows that have been on in the last decade on both 7 and 10. Masterchef was the risk.

2. vm August 29, 2010 at 3:55 am -

xfactor will crash n die….. well hopefully.

3. Harry August 28, 2010 at 8:43 pm -

Im intrigued by Junior MC! Cant wait.

4. Justin August 28, 2010 at 8:12 pm -

7 will not be happy… i hope they move the show to midweek, after living in the UK and seeing ITV’s X Factor the show has so much promise and for it to fail only because of masterchef would be such a shame!

5. Karl August 28, 2010 at 7:14 pm -

@Kyall Ten took a huge risk with Masterchef and it paid off, Seven took no risk with My Kitchen Rules – riding Masterchef’s success. Same with X Factor, its just there to fill the gap left by Aussie Idol. Hopefully we only have one year of X Factor.

6. Rhys August 28, 2010 at 6:57 pm -

I bet Matt Preston doesn’t dare try on his dish dropping antics with kids.

7. Patrick August 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm -

How many episodes will Junior Masterchef run for – the same number of weeks as X Factor?

Masterchef Jnr should do the business in ratings terms for sure, atlhough I assume a Celebrity Masterchef won’t be returning anytime soon.

8. Knowfirst August 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm -

Ahhh there’s nothing better than seeing little Seven fanbois sweating… can’t handle the heat the poor little dearies.

9. DavidC August 28, 2010 at 5:00 pm -

@Stephen – the great thing about TV is choice so don’t watch Junior Masterchef if you think your going to throw up. Least you have been warned to avoid Channel Ten that night and for a few months.
    But me can’t wait to watch JMC!!!
    X Factor has been done before and failed miserably. So do we expect anything different this time?

10. tomothy August 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm -

I think Seven should move XFactor live episodes to Wednesdays.

11. Kyall August 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm -

Too bad this dribble will probably kill The X Factor. At least Seven are actually investing some money and taking a risk instead of just doing Senior My Kitchen Rules.

12. Stephen August 28, 2010 at 3:01 pm -

Urrggghh just want the world needs, a bunch of precocious and rehearsed children annoying my TV screen.. Not a chance in hell of watching, in fact I think I will throw up at the thought of them

13. Todd August 28, 2010 at 2:43 pm -

I honestly hope Junior MC is Not huge, cos I don’t want it wiping the floor with The X Factor.

14. MR August 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm -

Should be on at 6.00pm to help ten kick of the night.

15. David Knox August 28, 2010 at 12:35 pm -

Junior MasterChef will be huge.

16. redbullboy August 28, 2010 at 11:41 am -

Expect The X Factor to get a whoopin’ by kids in the kitchen.

17. ryan August 28, 2010 at 4:25 am -

Man i didn’t think it would be good at all but from what i’ve heard and seen it looks like its gonna be more inspirational, funny and emotional( good happy for them cute emotion) Def looking forward to this

18. den August 28, 2010 at 1:44 am -

What?! So soon? I thought it was coming on after the Commonwealth Games.

19. Mr. chandler August 28, 2010 at 12:41 am -

xfactor= very tired idol spinn off. junior master chef= cheapening a good product

20. Mac August 27, 2010 at 11:59 pm -

It’s not even a question – even with kids, Masterchef will deliver the goods.