It’s a show that features “blind auditions” but yesterday audience members waiting to watch the first recording of The Voice couldn’t see enough seats at FOX Studios.
Booking agent Applause Store has been accused of overbooking the event.
Many queued for hours only to be sent home.
On the official Facebook page fans tell tales of the show over-booking by 700 tickets, and then deleting complain posts online:
- We stood in line for 2 and half hours. We were put on the stand by list after an hour with 100 other people and then an hour and a half later were turned away. Very disappointing for the kids that we had taken for the day.
- WTF was with overbooking 700 tickets for tonights show??? Its ridiculously! U don’t rock up to a Foo Fighters concert – expecting to see ur favourite band play live – and then get told to leave because the Football Stadium is full! If u have a ticket, u have a ticket. At least put on there “This is a standby ticket, u may or may not GET IN!!!” A ticket should contain all the information u need to know, especially if its GUARANTEED ENTRY or not! Its a joke, and a compete waste of time. Applause Store management is pathetic and unprofessional. Get out of business mate, u obviously don’t have much idea what your doing. Ur nothing but a scam.
- I am sure you have been innundated with complaints over todays taping of the Voice, given that over 300 people were turned away without explanation and what seemed like no concern. I have been a huge fan of the American Version of this show and was looking extremely forward to watching our own here in Australia. Like many other people I was very disappointed and let down when i lined up for what s…
- thank you Applause Store for your poor treatment of people who turned up today after winning tickets, driving along toll ways, parking, wasting a sunday afternoon, only to be turned away after standing in a queue because you overbooked by hundreds of people. How do you think you can do that. And yes deleting all negative comments from facebook, in fact taking down the applause link on facebook so no more comments can be made. You say that is normal practice and to read the fine print. That is bulls……t Dont think that people like being teated that way. The Voice you need to get a new promotional company!!
- Traveling 3 and half hours to get to the show and being turned away is pathetic. We had tickets, and no where was it suggested that if we didn’t get there TWO HOURS EARLY that we wouldn’t get in. I already left home at 8am. I have a ticket to Wednesdays show too, I will definitely not be wasting my time going. And I definitely won’t be watching the show when it airs. Very, very dissapointed.
- Could you kindly confirm for me that if my ticket says PRIORITY for Tuesday 21st Feb I am guaranteed entry. I have just rearranged flights etc etc coming from Melbourne at a fairly high cost. Please confirm for me as I am quite concerned. Many thanks.
- Not only deleting people comments but banning them! Disgusting customer service. Just say you stuffed up and SORRY!!! I will be calling tomorrow that is for sure. I have already sent two emails but im sure they will be ignored.
Applause Store tix had the following advice for ticket-holders:
“Entrance is served on a first come, first served basis. Entrance with this eticket is subject to venue capacity and does not guarantee entrance (unless it clearly states priority – restricted times; terms & conditions apply). To avoid disappointment, please ensure you and your guests arrive early.”
But one readers says the original tickets didn’t advise
-I feel this is very unprofessional! I have already travelled 4 hours thinking that I had a valid ticket to a show. Our original e-tickets DONT state first in deal, however, new tickets have been updated just now. It is too late now people when you have already travelled. When you re-organise work commitments and care for your children this is a major let down not that I am sure you care!
If you still have tickets for upcoming recordings, Applause Store advises:
“Our best recommendation would be to confirm details of your Priority seating with Applause Store (02 9037 8556).”