Labor leadership ballot: guide

By David Knox on February 25, 2012 / Filed Under Programming 9

Monday will be a big news day as the Labor showdown ballot at 10am, and the Oscars at 12:30 midday.

Monday, February 27

ABC1:
Continuous news coverage (live in all states) from 5:00am until 11:00am (AEDT).
5:00am ABC News Breakfast: Showdown For PM
9:00am – 12:30pm Live: Showdown For PM

ABC News 24:
4:00am                 Big Ideas
5:00am                 ABC News Breakfast: Showdown For PM
9:00am                 Live: Showdown For PM
12:30pm               Live: Showdown For PM Continuing Coverage
2:00pm                 Parliament Question Time
3:30pm                 Afternoon Live Including Capital Hill
6:00pm                 The Drum
7:00pm                 ABC News
7:30pm                 7.30
SEVEN:
Sunrise Live from 6am
Hosted from Canberra, Melissa Doyle and David Koch will bring news from overnight and will have continuous coverage throughout the morning as events unfold. Ends at 12 midday, with The Morning Show cancelled for the day.

Seven News: Live at 4.30pm plus a special edition Live at 6pm. Chris Bath will anchor live from Canberra, with analysis from Political Editor Mark Riley, Political Reporter Alex Hart and the best connected commentator in the business, Political Analyst Graham Richardson.

On Monday night Seven News Melbourne will broadcast live from Canberra in the wake of Labor’s dramatic leadership spill.

NINE:
No amendments received.

TEN:
6:00am Breakfast (until 11:30am AEDT). The Circle is out for the day.

SBS ONE:
No amendments received.

1. dshan February 27, 2012 at 8:20 am -

I can’t image a worse day for TV! The stupid and boring Oscars and a stupid and suicidal leadership ballot on the same day. Thank God I’ll be out doing something interesting while all the nonsense is on. Unfortunately it’s the endless tedious evening replays and rereanalyses that’ll be hard to avoid.

I think I’ll set the DVR for tonight and read a book.

2. NQ Resident February 27, 2012 at 12:23 am -

Breakfast on 10 will be live into Qld. My EPG says it’s a special. Pity they can’t offer 5am Qld time everyday.

3. Craig February 26, 2012 at 6:12 pm -

Will Breakfast be live is all states or will we here in QLD once again an hour behind the other networks. If so I’ll be watching SkyNews and avoiding the others.

4. Bogues February 26, 2012 at 7:57 am -

Given that Ten didn’t go live to air outside AEDT, I imagine there ratings will be zero. I’ll be sticking to ABC News 24 for my morning who-will-be-PM fix.

5. cglenn1988 February 25, 2012 at 4:43 pm -

Looking at Freeview Perth and Adelaide have the breakfast shows live. Today will start at 2:30am in Perth with Breakfast and Sunrise starting at 3 until around 8-9am. Academy Awards are live in these cities too. The networks are doing the right thing as Monday will be a big news day and the audience deserves to see it live even if WA has to be up extra early.

6. Craig February 25, 2012 at 4:11 pm -

So I guess Nine would be screwed if the vote coverage runs long with the Oscar’s.

7. Fitzah February 25, 2012 at 12:57 pm -

Nine never release their amendments first or when everyone else does. Wasn’t Karl going to the Oscars?. I’ll be watching sunrise, and yes Mel did do a great job the other day. Looking forward to it.

@steve sydney
    Mine is saying the same thing.

8. MillerT1 February 25, 2012 at 12:15 pm -

It certainly will be a big day. With Seven going until midday, Nine might ask Today to go until 12:30 so they can just lead in to the Oscars. But seeing as there aree no plans for Nine yet, I’m with Seven at the moment. Mel did a good job the other day covering from Canberra.

9. steve sydney February 25, 2012 at 11:11 am -

My Foxtel EPG is saying that Sunrise is from 5am till Midday

also that Today is from 5.30 till 11am.