Larry Emdur confirmed as Price is Right host

By David Knox on March 28, 2012 / Filed Under News 17

Just try and stop him….

Larry Emdur is set to return to The Price is Right for Seven.

Emdur is a unabashed fan of the long-running game show, having hosted it in several versions before for Nine.

“When I was asked if I wanted to be involved in this new version, I think I was as excited as 20 showcase winners an an inflatable spa bath,” he joked.

Many readers have also supported his return to the show.

Price goes into production this week, ahead of its on-screen return next month.

There has been speculation Seven would return it to 5pm weeknights, but the network would arguably be wiser to move Deal or No Deal to that slot and put Price up against Nine’s Hot Seat.

News Limited reports the first episode will also serve as a dedication to Ian Turpie, who passed away earlier this month. A nice touch.

Audience tix will soon be available at priceisrightaudience.com.au

1. HeyHey_Variety March 29, 2012 at 10:08 am -

Hopefully The Price Is Right gets good ratings and Hot Seat still whips Deal or No Deal. Then Nine might copy Seven, putting a game show against Price. (Bring back Sale of the century)

2. Mac March 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm -

Sounds like this is a real labour of love (as well as ratings of course, but how loveless is Millionaire?). Will be good to see it revamped.

3. mattg March 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm -

Now we just need Family Fued to come back

4. David Knox March 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm -

I suspect it will have a montage of some Turpie highlights. I’m pretty sure it gets on with the game, as he would have wanted.

5. Sharpy March 28, 2012 at 8:37 pm -

So is the first episode supposed to be just dedicated to Turps, but still a contestant based ep, or would the whole half hour be a TPIR retrospective?

6. owlchic81 March 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm -

This really isn’t surprising. So Laz will be doing both TMS and Price.. he’s going to be tired

7. Guy March 28, 2012 at 4:15 pm -

Love the Price is Right. So glad it’s coming back. Lets be honest here, Deal and Hot Seat has become boring and complacent. Time to have some fresh game shows be it old or new come to our screens. Price is perfect and Rich List would be good too.

8. James March 28, 2012 at 11:44 am -

Looks Good but I think I’ll stick to Nine’s Hot Seat.

9. deedeedragons March 28, 2012 at 11:31 am -

Kill Deal off! let The Price Is Right go for an hour.

10. roaringdave March 28, 2012 at 11:03 am -

I wish they would give The Rich List another crack. Far more entertaining that DOND. I think The Rich List and Price Is Right would be a winning combination.

11. Kenny March 28, 2012 at 9:13 am -

Used to watch Deal for a time but can’t really see the challenge or brain power reqd to guess which case. Now watching M$HSeat. Great news Seven. Used to watch it way back. Will be watching DOND, 5 or 5:30. Give it a rerun on 7Two too.

12. Jake March 28, 2012 at 9:02 am -

I couldn’t imagine anybody else hosting The Price Is Right… It was time foe this show to return…Deal Or No Deal should be axed…it’s had its day….

13. MillerT1 March 28, 2012 at 8:33 am -

Wow! It’s in production this week and it will be on-air next month?! That was quick. Must have been planning it for a while.

Really happy about this. Will definitely strengthen Seven’s 5:00 hour which they don’t need to but will and now if they ever do need to put Deal or No Deal to rest, they will have a replacement show.

14. Sifter March 28, 2012 at 8:18 am -

Great stuff. Larry is wasted a bit on The Morning Show. Man of talent.

15. Phil Saya March 28, 2012 at 7:50 am -

I wonder what the format will be like in half hour (I rather an hour)? Would it be 3 pricing game, the showcase playoff and the showcase (price ordering part) Or 2 pricing games, showcase showdown (big wheel) and the showcase (price ordering part).

16. brenton March 28, 2012 at 7:02 am -

I hope The Price Is Right airs in regional QLD cities. Today Tonight presently airs at 5pm in regional QLD. TT should move to 7TWO at 6:30pm so TPIR & DOND can air between 5pm-6pm on 7.

17. Fitzah March 28, 2012 at 6:38 am -

This is without a doubt the best news I have heard in a long time. Yes, Seven should put DOND at 5pm and have The Price Is Right at 5:30 against Hot Seat.