TEN, SBS caught in Monday crossfire.

By David Knox on March 27, 2012 / Filed Under News 14

Seven is on track for a big finale for My Kitchen Rules tonight, after its penultimate episode pulled 1.9m viewers last night.

Monday was another easy win for Seven, well ahead of Nine. It was twice the share of TEN which landed behind the ABC for the night.

Seven won with Revenge (1.75m), Seven News (1.3m), and Today Tonight (1.1m). Home and Away took second place in its timeslot with 1.07m. Elsewhere How I Met Your Mother was 824,000 / 623,000 and Deal or No Deal was 529,000.

Nine News was best for Nine on 1.07m then The Big Bang Theory (1.00m / 865,000 / 854,000), A Current Affair (975,000), Hot Seat (546,000), Alcatraz (535,000) and Person of Interest (510,000).

ABC News (1.12m) led ABC1 followed by 7:30 (736,000), Four Corners (728,000), Australian Story (707,000), and Q & A (613,000).

The Biggest Loser saw eliminated contestants returning, with 922,000 viewers -but the good news largely ended there. TEN News was 656,000 then NCIS: LA (521,000), Bondi Rescue (505,000), The Project (476,000). Hawaii Five-0 was just 348,000.

On a low night even for SBS standards, World News Australia managed 158,000 for SBS ONE then Mythbusters (153,000), James May’s Man Lab (149,000). Letters and Numbers (128,000) surpassed Danger 5 (108,000).

Heartbeat (320,000) topped multichannels.

Sunrise: 398,000
Today: 337,000
ABC News Breakfast: 30,000 / 33,000
Breakfast: 32,000

Monday 26 March 2012

1. ryan March 27, 2012 at 11:38 pm -

Ten have got to start listening to their viewers! We have said from the start you are wasting ncis l.a on mondays and why you wouldn’t put it after new ncis on tuesdays is beyond weird! For some stupid reason you moved bondi rescue to mondays when the tue 8pm slot was free, where it has been successful for yrs, and you also moved bondi vet from 8pm thursdays to bondi rescues slot for some stupid reason when yet again the thur 8pm slot was free.
    Mondays are so boring on Ten and need to be changed asap and that means every show otherwise you might aswell shut down on mondays, atleast fridays you have something coming.

2. Guy March 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm -

Not surprised at all by TEN and Nine. They just seem to have given up for now and are waiting until after Easter. I really hope Seven bury both of them but i feel The Voice is going to be a big thorn for Seven. It won’t be enough for Nine to topple Seven’s weekly wins but it will make them competitive again. It has big buzz around it.

3. steve sydney March 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm -

Is anyone out there really surprised? TEN have allowed Monday to be one of their weakest nights all year.

With Sunday and Tuesdays being their better performing nights, it’s not likely to change till after Easter so till then it’s just the same old same old.

4. A. March 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm -

Addendum: If they are going to trial moving Person of Interest then during the non-ratings period they could put it somewhere. Then see if people follow it eg. Tuesday or Wednesday. If there’s Fringe or Star Trek however I’ll admit I’ll probably choose them first. Also please try to be consistent.

5. A. March 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm -

There’s only 5 more episodes of Alcatraz left for this season and there may or may not be another one. I know Person of Interest will have another season. I hope they stick with them on Monday even though I can’t watch them. I only wish they’d repeat them on Friday so I could see them. I don’t care which channel just after 9.30pm or even midnight. I’ll admit I hope next season they move Person of Interest. I know I’d watch it Tuesday. I don’t know about anyone else. But I’d settle for regular repeats on Friday. I might watch repeats on Monday if there was no Q&A so November-February.

6. David Knox March 27, 2012 at 2:37 pm -

Julie: Nine News came in second place to Seven News in the same timeslot. Not a fair fight to measure against different timeslots. But ABC News is surely doing well at 7pm.

7. Secret Squirrel March 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm -

@The two Dave’s – me too. Am still enjoying both shows and they work well together so I watch them on the night. Don’t like MKR and have no idea when Revenge actually starts so I watch that on Seven’s buggy catchup.

Gave Ringer a look last night too. Doesn’t look like I’ve missed much the last couple of months.

8. JulieS March 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm -

ABC News outrated Nine News and came in second place. I wonder how long it will be before they are the number one news service.

9. D@GP March 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm -

With you, roaringdave.

Same with Person of Interest – 9 can’t keep both of these shows on the #2 peak night for the week with these figures.

But – Hey! – We record ‘em and watch ‘em the next day, if that helps…

10. Craig March 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm -

I get that Breakfast is new but those numbers are just awful! I wonder how long TEN will stick with them?

Did I read that right, more people watched ABC news then Nine, that’s gotta hurt!

11. roaringdave March 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm -

I’m very surprised (but glad) that Nine have stuck with Alcatraz so far. I don’t expect it to last much longer though.

12. HessianSack March 27, 2012 at 11:11 am -

Has Sports Fever picked up at all?

13. Bazza March 27, 2012 at 10:49 am -

Surely Ten can’t expect a great deal of viewer loyalty when they continually cancel series halfway through, move shows about (or delay them) in a completely random fashion and can’t get their EPG times accurate (Sundays and Mondays are never correct).

14. wf March 27, 2012 at 10:31 am -

I fear not even MC will save CH 10 this year… Oh yeah, sorry, they have the Lara Bingle Show to prop up the second half of the year… Mr Mott you are a genius!