Returning: Bones, Castle

By David Knox on April 11, 2012 / Filed Under Programming, Top Stories 6

After a break of around 2 months in the US Bones is back.

Seven will resume episodes from 9pm Sunday April 22nd.

“The Prisoner In The Pipe” aired in the US last week.

In an not-be-be-missed episode, the day has finally arrived for the expectant couple to meet their new baby. But their little girl is brought into the world in a very untraditional way. Meanwhile, the remains of an escaped convict are found in a residential sewer, but an examination of the sewer pipes indicates that the murder occurred within prison walls.

New Castle airs at 10pm:

“Till Death Do Us Part”
When a lothario is killed, Castle and Beckett suspect that the victim’s mysterious double life holds the key to his murder. Their investigation leads to a shocking twist that threatens to disrupt Ryan’s wedding with Jenny.

Meanwhile Parenthood will wrap its season with a double episode on Tuesday April 24.

1. A. April 12, 2012 at 3:02 am -

P.S. I now know about Beaconsfield but in general the 10pm time puts me right off watching Castle. Unless the ABC put an hour and a half show on that would interest me eg. Poirot or Marple. Then it would be perfect timing. So it all depends on the ABC.

2. A. April 12, 2012 at 2:38 am -

I’ll admit because of that stupid start time for Castle if Nine put Person of Interest on at 9.30pm and it wasn’t late or within 3 minutes I’d seriously consider switching. Although I really wish they’d eventually pair it with The Mentalist on Wednesdays. Assuming both Alcatraz and Unforgettable aren’t renewed.

3. William April 11, 2012 at 11:44 am -

Craig- It didn’t even reach 650 000 viewers (Parenthood)

4. nik c April 11, 2012 at 10:25 am -

I would say with Parenthood eps finishing on Apr 24, it paves the way for Winners and Losers to return to Tues in a 9:30timeslot. Parenthood fans should be greatful they get the whole season.

Ch10 still waiting for White Collar s2 part 2 and S3 in Qld

5. Guy April 11, 2012 at 7:49 am -

First off so glad they are continuing with Bones and Castle but what does this mean for Downton Abbey then? These 2 shows i expected to be rested for Downton but now Downton isn’t in that timeslot where is it going? I am really looking forward to it as well as Once Upon a Time.

6. Craig April 11, 2012 at 7:45 am -

First yay for the return of Bones and Castle, the later has been back for a few weeks, on and off depending on sport in the US. The Bones return was good and the birth scene was unique, nothing like it has been done in about 2000 years.

As for Parenthood being somewhat burnt off with 3x double eps, that’s not going to help the ratings. I’ll be surprised if they hit 1 million viewers last night. But at least they are not making us wait any more.