Foxtel has released details of its new London 2012 App for tablets.
It lets viewers watch Foxtel’s eight London channels on either their Apple iPad or compatible Android tablet throughout the duration of the Games.
Streamed over WiFi or via 3G, Foxtel residential Sports customers can download the free* App, available from today, to receive Foxtel’s eight dedicated London 2012 Olympic channels on the go and never miss a moment of the action. With the App, customers can:
• Watch eight dedicated channels
• Catch up on over 700 hours from the Games including all Gold Medal events
• Browse ‘Must Watch’ sessions for each day of the Olympic Games
• Keep up to date with the latest results
• Plan viewing with the London 2012 Channels TV Guide
• Remote Record Olympic Games sessions directly to the Foxtel iQ
Foxtel Executive Director of Product, Jim Rudder said, “The London 2012 App is a brilliant complementary service for Foxtel sports subscribers. Not only does the App allow you to watch Foxtel’s exclusive eight screens of London Olympic action anywhere and anytime, but you also have the convenience of being able to catch up on any events you missed with the touch of a button. Given many of the Olympic sports will take place overnight, you’ll be able to check results and quickly replay the sessions – never missing a moment of the action.”
Viewers can launch any of Foxtel’s eight Olympic Games’ channels or watch over 700 hours of Catch Up sessions including all Gold Medal events, the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and non-sport Olympic, London and athlete video content.
Additional features of the Foxtel London 2012 Olympic Games App include:
• ‘Must Watch’ menu featuring recommendations for each day of the Games
• TV Guide featuring Gold Medal event indicators and filters, an Australian flag to show if an Aussie is participating in the event, and a synopsis about each session
• Remote Record and Channel Change capabilities for Foxtel iQ, iQHD and MyStar HD subscribers
• Pause and rewind the action when watching Catch Up
• Medal Table and Sport results
Users must download Foxtel’s London 2012 App and link it to their Foxtel “My Account” from www.foxtel.com.au to activate the functionality. The App will be available to download from July 12, and the London 2012 Olympic Games channels can be watched from July 25.
• Available free* to Foxtel residential Sports customers. Existing subscription fees apply.
• Available to Foxtel residential Sports customers with OS v4 and higher compatible tablet device. Available on compatible Apple and Android tablets.
• Internet connection required.
• ISP and data charges may apply. Video quality may vary according to 3G and WiFi service.
• The Foxtel London 2012 App for tablets is not available with a subscription to Foxtel on Xbox 360, Foxtel on T-Box, Foxtel on Internet TV customers,and Optus TV featuring Foxtel.
*Min cost for new subscribers $832 on 12 month direct debit plan (including $100 standard metro install) on Get Started + Sport with a standard STU. Cancel fee applies. Foxtel and some services not available to all homes.