Oops. Security guard interrupts Live TV cross.

By David Knox on August 28, 2012 / Filed Under News 8

Monday turned out to be quite a day for TEN’s Breakfast.

Reporter Joe Hill was attempting to do a live cross from the Burnside Village shopping centre in Adelaide, about a “stressed” tree inside the building when a security guard asked him to move along.

“We’ll just be two seconds,” Hill insisted.

But when the guard persisted, Hill stepped off the property and onto the public footpath.

YouTube Preview Image

1. austvarchive August 28, 2012 at 6:17 pm -

First i have seen of breakfast television, there is no way I’d be allowing that idiot in the glasses into my home every morning!

2. Sam G August 28, 2012 at 1:33 pm -

Maybe it’s a setup? Unlikely, but breakfast needs all the publicity it can get.

3. SusanP August 28, 2012 at 11:15 am -

The justification from anchors about advertising the shops in the centre was silly. The security guard did his job. On the Gold Coast btw, I believe the laws are really rigorous about filming anywhere without advance permission from the Council. I recall seeing something several years ago about permissions and costs to even take a single image if that was intended for any form of commercial usage.

4. Mac August 28, 2012 at 9:43 am -

Gotta say I laughed…but the guard was absolutely right to do his job!

5. GuanoLad August 28, 2012 at 9:43 am -

“Move along sir, I’m afraid I don’t recognise TEN as a real television Network.”

6. kats August 28, 2012 at 9:37 am -

What I found more concerning was Paul Henrys comments,who cares about a tree and the security guard probably wees on the tree.The tree might not be headline news,but it just goes to show how unprofessional his attitude is.His aim may well be to constantly cause controversy,to be a shock jock of sorts,but people want some integrity with their news,not this sort of crass disregard.This also applies to his comments re:asylum seekers.

7. Ruddeger August 28, 2012 at 9:08 am -

That reminds me of the incident about 10 years ago when Gerard Whately,then working on Ten News,did a live cross during sport from outside Colonial Stadium [as it was known then] on the state of the turf and a security guard was telling him to move while he’s doing his live report.

BTW that’s the first time I’ve ever seen any of Breakfast.I can see why it’s a failure.

8. NicH August 28, 2012 at 8:19 am -

Wow. Hello Kath Robinson!