“Take a fresh look” asks TEN

By David Knox on September 15, 2012 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 45

TEN will launch a new campaign to “Take a Fresh Look” at its programmes in October.

Already set to screen are:

Underground: The Julian Assange Story

New Girl
The New Normal,
Vegas,
Emily Owens MD,
Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals.

1. squareyes September 18, 2012 at 10:57 pm -

@ Belivia. I’d like to see that push button thing gone. You know , where the personality pokes the TEN logo. It’s well passed it’s use by date.

2. David Knox September 18, 2012 at 7:27 am -

Nothing confirmed.

3. belivia September 18, 2012 at 3:06 am -

David or anyone else do you know if ten will be getting some new graphics or at least some new program return graphics ?
    the current ones are so annoying and distracting as people say.

4. DPDP September 17, 2012 at 7:18 pm -

How about “The Devil Wears Prada”?

Ok, OK, I’ll stop now. But you get the point :)

5. Ronnie September 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm -

That’s a lot of great shows – including Homeland for Sunday night, taking them through until the end of ratings. Therefore I don’t understand why they are holding the Julian Assange telemovie back until October.

6. Pertinax September 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm -

Take a new look with the old line up plus one critically panned new show that doesn’t matter. Not that Channel 10 can do much else but go back to the old line up and try to get some viewers back with fresh episodes.

Of course having shown most of their new episodes in line with the US season they had no defense to The Voice, The @l^mp!cs, BB and The X Factor stripping away their target audience.

That left them trying to launch new shows with no following to a small audience when their competitors had more popular shows in that demographic. And no plan B.

So they haven’t got a solution but I doubt they are thinking as far ahead as June at the moment.

7. DPDP September 16, 2012 at 9:29 pm -

Surely there must be another screening of “The Devil Wears Prada” coming up soon? Or was that a Mott thing?

8. ryan September 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm -

I really hope Ten return before the game next yr! It’s the best footy show on any channel but it needs to go back to saturdays maybe 7.30 so we can still see a bit of fun without too many restrictions, also def needs a facelift!

9. yum-e September 16, 2012 at 7:46 pm -

meet the “new ten” same as the “old ten”.

10. fredofrog September 16, 2012 at 7:13 pm -

Cheaper for Lachlan the rest of it and have Fox Sports competitor free. IPTV – NBN cannot come soon enough

11. ryan September 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm -

Glad Merlin is back! I just hope its in primetime!

12. DPDP September 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm -

Where’s “The Devil Wears Prada”? It must have been at least 6 weeks since that was on. Or was that a Mott thing? :)

13. David Knox September 16, 2012 at 1:40 pm -

Some long-running hits there. You’re viewing 1970/80s hits through a 2012 prism.

14. Pertinax September 16, 2012 at 1:24 pm -

@TM

Commercial Australian TV sitcom’s like Hey Dad!, Acropolis Now, Hampton Court, Brass Monkeys, Newly Weds, Kingswood Country or My Two Wives.

It should be a condition of Australia commercial broadcast licences that the network never attempts to make a sitcom under any circumstances.

15. deedeedragons September 15, 2012 at 10:20 pm -

Just Merlin for me.

16. A. September 15, 2012 at 9:19 pm -

If they’re taking requests I don’t suppose they’d consider getting rid of the watermark for the most part. If not then go back to the old watermark. It was less annoying. One of few that are.

17. Mac September 15, 2012 at 8:48 pm -

I’ll check out the Julian Assange story and Merlin but that’s all for me. When’s Masterchef and The Biggest Loser back?

18. house-elf September 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm -

Amen squareyes

19. dan September 15, 2012 at 6:15 pm -

Nothing interests me but I only like old Aussie tv shows and a few reality shows and of course puberty blues

20. monk September 15, 2012 at 5:47 pm -

The new normal would be just like modern family. If modern family wasn’t funny.

21. Lyn September 15, 2012 at 5:46 pm -

If they put new episodes of NCIS & NCIS:LA back on Tuesdays, I will be happy & watch.
    If not, I’ll wait for the DVDs.

22. basslineperth September 15, 2012 at 5:41 pm -

just love the new normal , fantastic show , why cant somebody show the impractical jokers

23. ryan September 15, 2012 at 5:11 pm -

How about a promo saying: We made a mistake! We didn’t listen to our viewers! But things are changing @ Ten and your in the best seat in the house:)

24. Bella September 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm -

How long will it be fasttracked? Will they just run it until end of November and then not return the shows until February. Ala Glee Christmas ep in February.

25. squareyes September 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm -

Wow. You’re a tough crowd. I’m looking forward to a lot of these shows. Give them a chance guys.
    Criticism about lack of Aussie shows is also unfair. TEN wouldn’t have expected their local offerings to have been such flops. Obviously , at this time of year, they can’t create, produce and get to air new productions.
    Also, I think we’ve all heard the same complaints about timeslot changes, late starts , etc etc over and over again. Hopefully TEN has heard this and we can all find something else to complain about.

26. Alessandro September 15, 2012 at 2:55 pm -

actualy i did watch scool of rock yesterday

27. TasTVcameraman September 15, 2012 at 2:06 pm -

Looks good, now to make a real point of difference put them on at the same time, same night every week and start and finish on time and start doing that with your other shows, and you just might start to win over the viewers who have left in droves because of poor programming decisions.

28. John Jackson September 15, 2012 at 1:55 pm -

Will be watching Homeland, Glee and Merlin in amongst those. Just hope there isn’t much conflicting with Big Brother/X Factor.

29. Secret Squirrel September 15, 2012 at 12:42 pm -

I’ve got a better idea. Rather than me taking a fresh look at what is possibly just more of D@GP’s second brand image, how about you take a fresh approach and show us and your programs (well the half-decent ones) a bit of respect?

Fast-track shows, start them at the times advertised in your promos, and communicate with your audience. If a show is off for a week or two because of baseball in the US, just tell us.

Get some smarts about your scheduling. Don’t put a talent-quest up against a monster such as X-Factor, that’s insane. Provide a sensible alternative instead. And I don’t care how cheap it is to make, cut crap like The Shite. It’s not just a ratings vacumm, it’s a cancer that damages your whole brand.

It’s not that long ago that you were challenging to be the Number Two Network. Now you’re just a number two, and not even a fresh one.

30. TM September 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm -

The New Normal looks pretty nauseating. Wish Ten had put some more money into a couple more Aussie titles to have amongst these – and by that I don’t mean more reality garbage, I mean some local half hour sitcoms or something.

31. SusanP September 15, 2012 at 11:46 am -

From what I’ve seen..Vegas looks great.

32. Andeh September 15, 2012 at 10:49 am -

Any word on who is screening The Mindy Project? A sunday lineup comprised of Modern Family, Ben and Kate, Mindy Project and New Girl would work well.

33. PJs Ronin September 15, 2012 at 10:36 am -

I’ve been around long enough to know that “take a fresh look” is just another way of saying “we have a new team of spin doctors, but no real ideas”. I can’t see anything on that list that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling and to be honest I think a live feed from Curiosity (Mars rover) would rate higher.

34. stevie g September 15, 2012 at 10:21 am -

OK if they show all these new shows in what is left of the ratings this year, one wonders what they will have to launch in next years ratings (apart from Reef Doctors).

35. JB September 15, 2012 at 9:42 am -

Only seen the first ep of The New Normal but agree with tomothyd. Wasn’t that good which i was disappointed with. Who’s got Go On? Cos that show is a much better and funnier show

36. Jengo September 15, 2012 at 9:28 am -

Oh dear Ten. Is that all you have got! There isn’t really anything to get excited about, yet more mediocre garbage. I won’t be watching onything from that list with the exception of Homeland. Incidentally not quite sure why this is on ten, far too good a quality compared to he drivel you have been broadcasting the last few years.

37. Josh777 September 15, 2012 at 9:14 am -

With the exception of Jamie, I want to see everything on that second list. TEN have grabbed an amazing list of shows this season so hopefully that shows in ratings.

38. Mr. J September 15, 2012 at 8:15 am -

And I’m sure they will all premiere right up against the AFL grand final and Melbourne cup. Because they are edgy.

39. C-Boy September 15, 2012 at 8:05 am -

Looking forward to the new season of Merlin! :)

40. squareyes September 15, 2012 at 7:48 am -

David, with fastracking becoming more necessary, do you think our ratings period will eventually be aligned with the US?

41. tomothyd September 15, 2012 at 7:47 am -

I was hoping The New Normal would be good, the first episode was ok, the second was dreadful and I won’t be going back. I’ll check out Vegas and Jamie Oliver though… If they start on time, otherwise they’ll be PVRd and watched up to a week or two later.

42. bindi September 15, 2012 at 6:44 am -

Excited for merlin, will watch new girl, glee, julian assange, modern family and homeland. But merlin tops my list.

43. D@GP September 15, 2012 at 5:58 am -

A TEN spokesperson confirmed that a new logo will also be unveiled.

“We’ve narrowed it down to two ‘fresh’ images reflecting the freshness of our exciting, new line-up.

“It’ll either be a fresh, green apple, with moisture dipping off it” he said, “or a steaming fresh turd”…

44. squareyes September 15, 2012 at 5:32 am -

Sure TEN, I’ll take a fresh look. But I hope you take note of what people are saying here.
    It doesn’t matter how good these shows are, if you keep making stupid programming decisions, your downward spiral will continue.

45. MuchoTB September 15, 2012 at 5:16 am -

Ten!! Put new Modern Family + Ben and Kate on a different night to Monday. Ben and Kate is a great show but it won’t develop an audience against X Factor and Big Brother. Launch this show properly and it will rate well!

Emily Owens MD looks entertaining, I can see that getting a 9:30 Sunday timeslot. Merlin will probably go back to its 6:30 Sunday slot