TEN: schedule for first week of ratings

By David Knox on January 27, 2013 / Filed Under Programming, Top Stories 43

2013-01-27_0104TEN has confirmed its schedule for the first week of the 2013 ratings year and it returns several big name brands.

This is a pretty good line-up, although it is still holding off on Wednesdays where Mr & Mrs Murder is expected to emerge.

Amongst the changes are new Simpsons on Sundays, Graham Norton switching to Sundays and The Living Room now at 8:30pm Fridays.

Sun Feb 10
6:00 The Simpsons (season premiere)
6:30 Bondi Rescue (season premiere)
7:00 Modern Family (season premiere)
7:30 MasterChef: The Professionals
8:30 Elementary
9:30 The Graham Norton Show (new night)
10:30 Movie: Dan in Real Life (rpt)

Mon Feb 11
6:00 The Simpsons (rpt)
6:30 The Project
7:30 MasterChef: The Professionals
8:30 Can of Worms (season premiere)
9:30 Hawaii Five-0
10:30 TEN Late News

Tues Feb 12
7:30 MasterChef: The Professionals
8:30 NCIS
9:30 NCIS: LA (season return)

Wed Feb 13
7:30 Glee
8:30 Movie TBA

Thu Feb 14
7:30 American Idol
9:30 Law & Order: SVU (season return)

Fri Feb 15
7:30 American Idol
8:30 The Living Room (season premiere, new time)
9:30 Glee (rpt)

Sat Feb 16
6:30 David Attenborough’s Africa (season premiere)
7:30 Bondi Vet (season premiere)
8:30 Movie: TBA

1. Kylie February 11, 2013 at 11:58 pm -

It was David – the one where Cam is in costume from CATS while he tries to save a tree. Gloria also pretends to go into labour.

It was the last new episode that aired before Christmas.

Bad promoting on Ten’s behalf! Maybe they forgot they aired it…..

2. David Knox February 10, 2013 at 10:53 pm -

Hmm.. .was it “When a Tree Falls”?

Jay and Manny are pushed out of their comfort zones when they attend a kid’s Olympics-themed birthday party, and Claire brings Gloria along on a trip to Costco.

3. Kylie February 10, 2013 at 10:21 pm -

So, we sit down, all set to watch the new Modern Family tonight…..only it was a repeat of the last episode aired last year!

Have a grumpy 8 year old now :(

4. ryan February 2, 2013 at 12:06 am -

What a waste of a slot for sun 9.30. If elementary rates really well then there should be a show just as big behind it!

5. Kev January 30, 2013 at 1:10 pm -

I hope “Africa” gets an encore screening on One. it deserves to be seen in HD.

6. melmac January 29, 2013 at 6:17 pm -

I was really hoping to see Good Wife back we are already behind in eps I’ll give em a few more weeks but I won’t wait any longer than that

7. disappointed January 29, 2013 at 3:01 pm -

Would it not have made more sense to leave the living room at 7.30pm on a Friday to build on its audience against bh&g and move Idol after it, particularly if glee repeats are (currently) scheduled to 9.30 fridays – you know, pair music with music?! Just a thought.

8. Les Solomon January 28, 2013 at 10:10 pm -

Can someone explain why Ten would show new episodes of “Glee”on Wednesdays and repeats on a Friday??? It is a continuing serial structure and the repeat eps are at least a year old, which would be very confusing for a casual viewer. I cant see the point in programming the repeats at all.

9. Maev....Sydney January 28, 2013 at 8:42 pm -

Ummmm….Reef Doctor….that is another I have been waiting for ….any start date for it that I may have missed….

10. AEDDIE January 28, 2013 at 1:32 pm -

Looks like a good line-up, except I’m not sure about new episodes of Bondi Vet on Saturdays, but I will watch it no matter what day it is on because I love that show.

11. Maev....Sydney January 28, 2013 at 1:49 am -

I am waiting for Mr. & Mrs Murder….
    But they have lost me changing The Living Room and Graham Norton….

12. ryan January 27, 2013 at 11:52 pm -

Omg bondi vet on a saturday!!! Bad move by Ten! Another show that has been moved off it’s successful timeslot of 8pm thur

13. brit102 January 27, 2013 at 8:37 pm -

David when is puberty blues comeing back its the only show im inrested in on ten. also anything on nurse jackie yet or?

14. Craig January 27, 2013 at 6:05 pm -

So it’s official The Simpsons is back on TEN. Will Neighbors be next?

15. Kevin January 27, 2013 at 4:56 pm -

White Collar, Burn Notice Blue Bloods, Psych and Vegas can go to One HD where the first 4 shows named were, but Ten have stuffed them around too much.

16. mason January 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm -

Looks like a good line up but the Living Room should have remained at 7.30 and I reckon Graham Norton after COW.

That said the last time I saw Graham Norton it was at 9.30 on Abc2.

TBL to take Masterchefs time slot and Idol won’t sustain numbers in its time slot so there’s another couple of nights if they decide to strip TBL over more nights. I hope not though.

17. Pertinax January 27, 2013 at 3:03 pm -

The Good Wife could appear late on Wednesday night when Mr and Mrs Murder starts. At the moment they have movies holding the place there.

Vegas, Burn Notice and White Collar will not appear in prime-time. Their ratings are too dreadful. Ten has stuck with the late night news because they need the local content, so no room at 10:30pm.

The remainders of the current series will presumably pop up late at night when there is a hole to fill. Ten may not even bother to pick up the rights for future series.

18. carolemorrissey January 27, 2013 at 2:59 pm -

Yeah, I’m looking forward to The Good Wife coming back too. Given up on White Collar ever being given a decent go on 10 or either of it’s digital channels.

19. Pertinax January 27, 2013 at 2:55 pm -

Last week the Simpsons rpts rated: Sun 444k, Mon 320k, Tues 288k, Wed 304k.

Channel 10 is taking a huge gamble that the new episodes will rate well. They were struggling to get over 600k before, which is why they ended up on Eleven where the ratings halved.

The Simpsons is pretty much the only show the Network has that would get younger viewers in that timeslot.

20. William January 27, 2013 at 2:35 pm -

Where is Touch, Good Wife, White Collar and Burn Notice. I am sure they could put Good Wife into the Movie TBA spot, put Burn Notice or White Collar in the Glee rpt spot

21. nik c January 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm -

I will await Aussie Drama on Wednesdays… Might sample the Living Room. Will also enjoy Modern Family and Africa.

22. Josh777 January 27, 2013 at 1:57 pm -

Good looking line-up. But where is The Good Wife, Vegas, Burn Notice and White Collar? I agree with Dan R that TEN needs to more strategically couple it’s programming. Why not pair H50 with Vegas and Can of Worms with The Good Wife?

23. Bella January 27, 2013 at 1:39 pm -

Happy with the line up. I noticed ELEVEN will repeat The Graham Norton Show on Saturdays after the Masterchef repeats. Which really suits me.

24. dan January 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm -

Great to see can of worms back shame bondi vet is in the dead zone of Saturday night it deserves a much better treatment than that

25. Daniel January 27, 2013 at 1:00 pm -

Dunno about The Living Room at 8:30pm.

Will have to be on consistently on at that time all year or consistently at 7:30pm. No mixing of the two.

26. alvar January 27, 2013 at 12:34 pm -

Looks like a good lineup which will put Ten back into 3rd place.

Graham Norton on Sunday seems like a good idea after drama has failed to fire in that slot.

Modern Family seems wasted at 7.00 on a Sunday, especially during the summer.

Simpsons at 6 is a good idea to get people watching across the week, but I would have it on Mondays, away from the highly rated Sunday news bulletins.

27. carolemorrissey January 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm -

OK thanks for that.

28. David Knox January 27, 2013 at 11:46 am -

Nope.

29. carolemorrissey January 27, 2013 at 11:43 am -

Is The Project coming back on Sunday nights? I thought it was only over the summer they took it off.

30. Muscledude January 27, 2013 at 11:30 am -

Sorry TEN, with The Simpsons polluting your programming I will not be watching Anything on your channel.

31. David Knox January 27, 2013 at 11:28 am -

Have corrected some minor errors regarding premieres. I don’t expect Biggest Loser on air while MasterChef Professionals is on.

32. tvf January 27, 2013 at 11:25 am -

Hopefully they won’t take too long to schedule the good wife.

33. peter January 27, 2013 at 11:24 am -

Once again David, full credit for the selected picture for the article.
    The lineup looks like something that should get them back into 3rd position in the ratings short term.

34. Cheali January 27, 2013 at 11:04 am -

SVU can’t be a season premiere, we’ve already had a few episodes of the season… Are they starting it again or is it series return?

35. carolemorrissey January 27, 2013 at 10:53 am -

Thanks for the heads up, some great shows coming back and new ones starting, So looking forward to ratings coming back, this would have to be the worse summer ever for shows. Usually some new shows are started over the Christmas period that I like, but this year there was absolutely nothing!!! Except Survivor when they bothered to show it. It will be from one extreme to the other, going from absolutely nothing on, to everything on and my DVR running hot trying to keep up with everything. Deciding what to watch and what to tape. Decisions decisions.

36. The Other Adam January 27, 2013 at 10:33 am -

Sunday looks pretty good to me!!

37. Jennome January 27, 2013 at 10:22 am -

Just looks like the same old, same old, to me. More endless episodes of NCIS, Law & Order et al. (yawn)

The Sunday Project seems to have been dumped.

38. DanR January 27, 2013 at 9:51 am -

Pleased to see Graham Norton on a Sunday. It will perform better there.

Ten still don’t schedule their programs smartly enough though. I don’t get Law and Order following Idol or Hawaii 5-0 following Can of Worms.

I’d pair Can of Worms with their female skewing Wednesday dramas & consider older skewing dramas for Saturday nights. Maybe Law and Order?

Where is Biggest Loser going to go?

39. ilovetv January 27, 2013 at 9:43 am -

Like the schedule but on Sunday wouldn’t Simpsons and Modern Family be better for ratings.

40. tomothyd January 27, 2013 at 9:08 am -

Although the majority of these shows are ones I am not interested in seeing, this is actually a pretty well planned lineup with a few exceptions. There will be some notable delays when MasterChef runs way over time and everything is messed up because of that. The new Simpsons really should be on Eleven with the rest of the first run animation. At 6pm on a Sunday it is easily forgettable, considering weeknights they are all repeats.

I do not like the idea of Graham Norton on a Sunday night, it will start at least 12 mins late, where as on Saturday it generally started on time. I usually PVR it and watch it on a Sunday evening when there is nothing but factuals and reality TV on.

I wonder how they will go with Idol, I noticed its first week it got around 530k in the ratings, but from Feb, it will need more than that to survive that time slot on TEN if they want to do better than last years dismal ratings on local talent quests. I wonder if they are contractually allowed to put it on Eleven?

Even though I rarely watch TEN, (and with this line up I still won’t), I hope they can increase their viewership this year.

41. BradleyB January 27, 2013 at 8:42 am -

New Simpsons back to Sunday? Interesting – wonder how it will go relative to the midweek slot it’s had for the lat few years, especially at 6pm

Elementary’s premiere is the week before, BTW. (Feb 3)

42. ryaneco January 27, 2013 at 7:44 am -

Not a bad schedule.
    I thought the Bondi franchises would be held together, they rate ok when side by side.
    And Africa had the chance to be a great performer, not sure it will live up to potential on Saturdays but I hope it does, it is a terrific doco.

43. BrookeP January 27, 2013 at 7:33 am -

Woohoo!! Love The Simpsons!