Whose Line is it Anyway? to be rebooted

By David Knox on March 10, 2013 / Filed Under News 12

2013-03-10_0334Last week US network The CW announced it was reviving improvisation series Whose Line is it Anyway? (it was zany fun while it lasted).

Instead of Drew Carey, Aisha Tyler will host with Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie to return.

Ten episodes have been ordered.

It has been nine years since the series was last in production and it ran for eight seasons.

Source: Variety

1. CraigW March 12, 2013 at 1:09 am -

Be great if they could get Wayne Brady on more projects.

This show set him going, so it’s good he’s on the refresh, but Don’t Forget the Lyrics showed he’s got some stand alone host cred (and a good muso too!)

2. shelltvfan March 11, 2013 at 1:13 pm -

That is great I really enjoy this show and all connected are great at it. Aisha Tyler as host sounds great as she is a stand-up comedian and is an experienced host currently on The Talk.

3. Sharpy March 11, 2013 at 1:48 am -

I won’t say no to some new eps of Whose Line. Perhaps they can get H. Jon Benjamin as a guest. Any word on when the first episode will go to air in the US?

4. Vinny March 10, 2013 at 6:19 pm -

Aisha also does the voice on Archer for Lana.

5. jimbo k March 10, 2013 at 5:48 pm -

ahhh, thanks guys. I totally forgot that Carey is hosting The Price is Right. Makes sense now that he’s not coming back to Whose Line.

6. glennc March 10, 2013 at 4:14 pm -

I’m pretty sure Aisha Tyler was the host of ‘The Soup’ before Joel McHale took over. It was possibly ‘Talk Soup’ at the time.
    Looking forward to the new incarnation of WLIIA

7. Cam Reed March 10, 2013 at 2:42 pm -

@JulieS CW is part of CBS well it is actually a joint one with Warner Bros, hence the CW initials, so it would have more to with what Secret Squirrel said.

Aisha Tyler has been good the times I have have caught her as a guest on Craig Ferguson, so should be okay (well she improvises with his back and forths well anyway).

8. Secret Squirrel March 10, 2013 at 1:50 pm -

@jimbo k – Carey has been hosting “The Price is Right” since he finished up with “Whose Line is it Anyway?”. I suspect that this, his various appearances on other shows, and occasional acting work mean that he doesn’t have time for another fulltime commitment.

9. JulieS March 10, 2013 at 1:38 pm -

Jimbo K – Drew Carey now hosts the US version of “The Price is Right” on CBS – so I’m guessing doing a rival game show on another network is out of the question.

10. deedeedragons March 10, 2013 at 10:45 am -

What? People over 35 on the CW?

11. jimbo k March 10, 2013 at 9:48 am -

I am so glad that this show is returning.

I wonder why Drew Carey is no longer part of it? I hope Aisha Tyler is a good host. Happy that the regular improv actors are returning.

Will One be airing these new episodes?

12. Sam1112 March 10, 2013 at 8:39 am -

Fantastic, Love this show, Hope Ten/One plan on airing these.