Dannii Minogue joins The X Factor Australia

By David Knox on April 12, 2013 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 26

2013-04-12_1156It’s official.

Dannii Minogue is joining The X Factor Australia judging panel.

The former Australia’s Got Talent host has posted via Facebook:

“I’m so excited to be the show from the other side of the cameras and joining Ronan, Nat and the amazing team of people behind the scenes who create this ‘Light Entertainment’ Logie Award-winning entertainment.

“Can’t wait to find out who the fourth judge is this year! Stay tuned.”

Minogue, who was still on contract to Seven, was always the hot tip to join the Seven show, following the exit of Mel B. and Guy Sebastian.

She has previously been a judge on The X Factor UK.

“My acts won the show twice in the UK and I can’t wait to help Australia’s next big singing sensation win this year’s competition. I have a real passion for nurturing and fighting for the artists I believe in and I think I learnt a thing or two from my years sitting in the judges chair alongside Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Cheryl Cole.”

The X Factor just won Most Outstanding Light Entertainment Award at the Logies.

Amended.

1. KFed April 15, 2013 at 12:28 pm -

@SaxyBre84 Because they are considered talent shows and not reality shows by TV Week, which makes perfect sense to me. The Apprentice or The Block should not be in the same category as a song and dance show, really.

2. Annette April 14, 2013 at 6:40 pm -

Love DAnni love the show but i think they still need one more big name overseas judge . Love all the judges on the show but still need a big wow factor judge .. The loss of guy and mel requires a big name overseas singer to join the show as a judge

3. dwuuuu April 14, 2013 at 2:14 pm -

She’s got talent !

4. jonno April 13, 2013 at 5:12 pm -

Great choice. The fourth judge will be interesting. We know Redfoo is a star but will he be a good judge. With NatBass, Ronan and Dannii being all nice judges, it leaves Redfoo(if he gets it) to be the controversial one. They really should of cloned Bernard King.

5. Brekkie April 13, 2013 at 3:45 am -

Lucky Australia – she was brilliant on the show here in the UK and often voted as the best judge over Cowell and Cole.

6. Phil April 12, 2013 at 8:02 pm -

I am really looking forward to seeing Dannii, but I wonder if she will ever sing again? I am hoping the 4th judge might be someone more successful than Redfoo.

7. MJTaylor April 12, 2013 at 5:57 pm -

I happen to be quite happy about this. I think Danni will be great for the Australian version of The X Factor.

8. SaxyBre84 April 12, 2013 at 4:30 pm -

I am yet to receive a explanation why The Voice and X Factor were nominated under Light Entertainment and not Reality? I expect it was because Nine wanted both The Block and The Voice to win a Logie.

9. ryan1890 April 12, 2013 at 3:46 pm -

No surprises here. I don’t know what networks see in Dannii Minogue to be honest. I’m sure she is a nice girl but I don’t think viewers are too fazed by her. The 4th judge should be a female so I hope the tennis player’s boyfriend with the big hair doesn’t get the job. Maybe they could get another former Spice Girl to do it. You can never have too much spice in your life right?

10. lin April 12, 2013 at 3:24 pm -

It’s a bit like musical chairs. Can’t they find anybody new?

11. Aaliyah April 12, 2013 at 3:08 pm -

Dannii is a good choice. But now we have two nice female judges. I wanted the replacement to be as tough as Mel B. I really hope Redfoo is not the 4th judge.

12. SQUIBBY April 12, 2013 at 2:59 pm -

david the x factor did not wing most popular light entertainment program- it actually won most outstanding light entertainment program.

13. Guy April 12, 2013 at 2:56 pm -

David The X Factor wont he Most Outstanding Light Entertainment award not Popular. It won the one that counts.

Onto Danni herself, she is a brilliant judge on X Factor, when i saw her on the UK version of the show and she did win it twice. I think she is going to be a great addition to the show. I sort of wish Nat Bass wasn’t returning but i guess thats whats going on.

The 4th judge would be great if they got Sharon Osbourne. That would just top it off. Who says it has to be a male judge? Redfoo is front runner but they need that spice (no pun intended). Someone who will speak their mind and really let rip like Mel did.

14. steviem April 12, 2013 at 2:34 pm -

Well im never watching again.

15. SaxyBre84 April 12, 2013 at 2:25 pm -

Gr8 to hear! I’ve been a fan of Dannii’s ever since I saw her as Emma Jackson on H&A. A pity that she never returned to the Bay.
    Now all we’re waiting for is the announcement of the 4th judge and the Dancing With the Stars host and co-host.

16. Shelley April 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm -

Surely they are holding off annoucing anything until the court case it settled?

17. John Jackson April 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm -

Good to see that she’s not total new at this having experience with the UK X Factor, and also having watched the Australian version. I wonder who will be the fourth?

Although didn’t X Factor win the award for Most Outstanding Light Entertainment at the Logies?

18. Karlos April 12, 2013 at 1:57 pm -

I thought Redfoo was confirmed?

19. vitieddie April 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm -

Shes pretty.

20. Erik1981 April 12, 2013 at 1:42 pm -

very good choice

21. aussie April 12, 2013 at 1:12 pm -

Good choice Seven.

22. smit0847 April 12, 2013 at 12:36 pm -

Yawn. No surprises there. Is that Red Foo thing confirmed as the 4th judge yet?

23. michaelOz April 12, 2013 at 12:34 pm -

If only she showed this much passion for her own singing career. She’d be way more credible.

24. adzg April 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm -

Really hope that guy from LMFAO ain’t the fourth but it’s looking likely! Btw X Factor won most outstanding light entertainment! Not popular that went to The Voice! I prefer X Factor myself!

25. steve sydney April 12, 2013 at 12:25 pm -

When did any of these judges have any ‘music’ out themselves?

It’s now so much more lucrative to say yes or no to someone else singing rather than do it yourself.

26. Daniel April 12, 2013 at 12:22 pm -

Who is your tip for the 4th judge David?

I’ve heard LMFAO frontman Redfoo is being seriously considered…