Renewed: MasterChef Australia

By David Knox on May 26, 2014 / Filed Under News 11

2014-05-26_0103At last TEN is the bearer of good news, with MasterChef Australia renewed for a seventh season in 2015.

It follows the cooking show giving the network some of its best numbers of late, amid some concerns the show would sink lower than last year.

But audience reception has been positive for the show after extensive research on the show’s core values.

This year it has led with an “Ordinary People. Extraordinary Food” campaign, restoring more individual challenges and reducing the team challenges.

Last year as TEN looked enviously at My Kitchen Rules there were there were whispers of wanting character rivalry, but this year producers have restored a level of optimism and contestant aspirations.

“We are really pleased that our audience has re-embraced MasterChef Australia,” Programming Chief Beverley McGarvey tells News Corp.

“We are all very proud of the quality of the show this season and look forward to the audience building from this extremely promising start.”

1. Loz May 27, 2014 at 10:41 am -

Any news on The Biggest Loser? Or has that already been dropped?

2. Mac May 26, 2014 at 11:44 pm -

I’m with Cronker’s sentiments. I’m really enjoying this season.

3. cronker May 26, 2014 at 6:00 pm -

This season is a much better version of the show we used to love. Far and away better than MKR, for those of us who enjoy cooking, which is where this show started out.
    Yes, it’s now an old brand, but there is no reason to not watch it this year.

4. ryan May 26, 2014 at 4:23 pm -

To be honest I’m pretty amazed at this years figures! Imagine if it was 7pm!!
    Anyways one of the biggest reasons I have always loved Mc are the entire cast and judges and how well they all get along and push each other it’s extremely positive.

5. squareyes May 26, 2014 at 4:05 pm -

It was quite obvious last year that they were tentatively going down the MKR path.The opera singer (can’t remember her name) was obviously told by producers to sing in the kitchen and then the show cut to other contestants complaining about her constant singing. Tellingly, she didn’t return for the finale. Also, the cooking abilities last year seemed to have been sacrificed for personality.
    This season, the contestants seem to be better cooks and the producers are focussing on that.

@ Armchair Analyst, don’t let the facts get in the way of your opinion.
    This article is about MCA being renewed for a 7th season , and yet you believe it will be axed soon ?

6. Armchair Analyst May 26, 2014 at 3:25 pm -

I haven’t watched it this year. Does not interest me anymore. i think that it will be axed soon.

7. dan May 26, 2014 at 12:08 pm -

Yep I agree with Aussiecam58 but I doubt they will they haven’t so far and it cost them atleast 2 shows so you think you can dance and the biggest loser

8. David Knox May 26, 2014 at 11:39 am -

In fairness, I don’t think he was referring to this show. In fact he had been talking up its return.

9. mj May 26, 2014 at 11:35 am -

Fantastic news!
    Do still think it’s a ”ageing program franchise” Hamish? What a dangerous dill.

10. TasTVcameraman May 26, 2014 at 11:34 am -

I agree #Aussiecam58

11. Aussiecam58 May 26, 2014 at 10:20 am -

I still think Ten has missed the opportunity for bigger ratings by not starting at 7pm. Hopefully they will come to realise this mistake next year.